Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

auto to 5speed swap prblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto to 5speed swap prblem

i changed the transmission. but now my motor mounts dnt wanna line up i dont know why. any ideas. i would really appriacate it.
    R.I.P 93 CB7 COUPE

Team modA in the proess

did u get the 5 spd tranny mount???

Comment

You need to weld in the mount bracket from the 5 speed donor car. The bracket in the automatic will not line up properly with the 5 speed transmision mount.

Or you can buy the conversion mount from www.explicitspeedperformance.net and avoid all welding.

Comment

thanks deevergote thats a good source. i think i might just buy it from them.
        R.I.P 93 CB7 COUPE

Team modA in the proess

Comment

see if you can put in the manual cross- member? then it should all bolt up. right?
          Accord SE

93se
          Members Ride
          Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
          Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
            see if you can put in the manual cross- member? then it should all bolt up. right?
            No. The transmission mount bracket is welded to the unibody, not the crossmember. The ESP swap mount is the best solution out there. I did mine before they started producing them, so I had to remove the old bracket and weld in a new one in the correct position.

If you're getting the swap mount, I would suggest getting the entire kit. Definitely worth the cost! I have their kit and I am VERY happy with it!
            Originally posted by Junior Smurff
            Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

ah. well cool. im gonna be getting the esp kit. but i just herd something about that.
              Accord SE

93se
              Members Ride
              Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
                ah. well cool. im gonna be getting the esp kit. but i just herd something about that.
                what did you hear? is it good or bad
                R.I.P 93 CB7 COUPE

Team modA in the proess

Comment

it good. just something about using the manual cross member. like it makes sense...this guy that is gonna swap it for me i bought my car from and he has done a swap before and did something like that i assume... he has a whole nother cb7 for parts so ya...
                  Accord SE

93se
                  Members Ride

Comment

oh ok. but yeah so far im getting that mount. im jus wondering if i still have to use the m/t rear motor mount bracket. or the a/t one.
                    R.I.P 93 CB7 COUPE

Team modA in the proess

Comment

Originally posted by str8jdmswap View Post
                      oh ok. but yeah so far im getting that mount. im jus wondering if i still have to use the m/t rear motor mount bracket. or the a/t one.
                      use manual
                      Accord SE

93se
                      Members Ride

Comment

The crossmember is no different from auto to manual.

Comment

its the rear mount that is different for you urs is an se/ex so u need a dx lx rear mount plus the esp kit. the crossmember wont do anything but take more time and do nothing. the hole are already predrilled and threaded if u have any more question man give me a shout im like 20 mins from you and my swap is done except the clutch line.
                          Members Ride sold...
                          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Unless you want to replace the crossmember with an ESP traction bar... which you can order at the same time as the mounts. THAT would be an upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Unless you want to replace the crossmember with an ESP traction bar... which you can order at the same time as the mounts. THAT would be an upgrade.
                              that would be very nice. but im just a very tight budget. but if i was able to get it i would
                              R.I.P 93 CB7 COUPE

Team modA in the proess

Comment

Working...
                              X