Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Boosting My Stock F22...single cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boosting My Stock F22...single cam

wassup fellas.... im really considering boosting my CB7.... but before i do, i just wonna run low boost prolly 8-10 psi.... do i need to build anything in my motor internal wise before boost it so i wont blow the motor.... lemme know wassup

boost+stock internals= hand grenade eventaully.

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

Comment

Originally posted by civickiller View Post
      boost+stock internals= hand grenade eventaully.
      ok....so what internals need to be changed....

Comment

Yo just check the member thread of Chessboxer. you find what you need for the F22 boost
        Accord Of The Month January 09
        Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
        BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

If you have a very well maintained block with lowish miles >150,000, and run 8-10psi on a VERY safe tune, you can make it last quite a long time. It's all about getting a great tune and taking very good care of it after turbo. Most guys that just slap a dsm setup on a stock block, cheap out on the wastegate and blow-off, and don't pay for a proper tune blow their stock blocks very quickly.
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
            If you have a very well maintained block with lowish miles >150,000, and run 8-10psi on a VERY safe tune, you can make it last quite a long time. It's all about getting a great tune and taking very good care of it after turbo. Most guys that just slap a dsm setup on a stock block, cheap out on the wastegate and blow-off, and don't pay for a proper tune blow their stock blocks very quickly.
            x2

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
            1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
            1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

Originally posted by StinkinLincoln View Post
              x2
              If you don't have something to add, don't bother posting. It just makes you look like an idiot when you do this.

8-10psi is about the MAXIMUM you would ever want to run on an F22A and expect any sort of longevity.

As said above, if the motor is healthy, the tune is good, and the selection of parts is done carefully (no small turbos... they'll blowtorch a good motor quickly)... and if you drive it with respect, rather than beating on it... it MAY last for a long time.

It may blow up the next day. Boosting 20 year old NA motors with fairly weak internals (at least as far as boost is concerned... they're plenty strong for their original purpose) is asking for trouble.

Judging from the fact that you have to ask what internals need to be changed, you're TOTALLY new at this. I suggest you spend a good deal of time researching before you start buying ANYTHING.

Check out two books: Maximum Boost by Corky Bell, and Honda/Acura Engine Performance by Mike Kojima. Some of the info is dated, but it'll give you a solid understanding of turbo, honda motors, and modifying these engines in general.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                If you don't have something to add, don't bother posting. It just makes you look like an idiot when you do this.

8-10psi is about the MAXIMUM you would ever want to run on an F22A and expect any sort of longevity.

As said above, if the motor is healthy, the tune is good, and the selection of parts is done carefully (no small turbos... they'll blowtorch a good motor quickly)... and if you drive it with respect, rather than beating on it... it MAY last for a long time.

It may blow up the next day. Boosting 20 year old NA motors with fairly weak internals (at least as far as boost is concerned... they're plenty strong for their original purpose) is asking for trouble.

Judging from the fact that you have to ask what internals need to be changed, you're TOTALLY new at this. I suggest you spend a good deal of time researching before you start buying ANYTHING.

Check out two books: Maximum Boost by Corky Bell, and Honda/Acura Engine Performance by Mike Kojima. Some of the info is dated, but it'll give you a solid understanding of turbo, honda motors, and modifying these engines in general.
                good lookin out on the info man.... im new wit trying boost.... and new with CB7's which is a big down grade from a K-series Ek Hatch.... but def thanks man....

Comment

better yet what are the best turbo's to use and what price range am i looking at

Comment

Originally posted by rockdillardCB7 View Post
                    better yet what are the best turbo's to use and what price range am i looking at
                    from what ive learned...dsm setups are your best bet for beginners, they are easy to get at a fairly low price...people have gathered thier parts from prices ranging from 500 to 1,000 dollars, you just gotta know where to get them....most people i know get blown turboes, which are cheap and rebuild them....

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by rockdillardCB7 View Post
                      good lookin out on the info man.... im new wit trying boost.... and new with CB7's which is a big down grade from a K-series Ek Hatch.... but def thanks man....
                      Downgrade? You have a lot to learn, my friend...

Speaking of which... do some research for yourself. We don't spoon-feed around here. Especially to people that call our cars "downgrades"

Best of luck to you.

Comment

owned
                        1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

First of all, 10psi on a small turbo vs 10psi on a bigger turbo could be a 200hp difference

Second, stock F22 +turbo =/= hand grenade. I can think of at least 3 people who run over 300hp on a stock F22. This doesn't mean that anybody can do it though. If you are an idiot and you slap stuff together and don't tune it right, it wont last.

And third, I'm not so sure if an Accord is such a downgrade from a tin can hatch that Im sure vibrates like hell with the K.

Comment

I hope I'm not bothering anyone by reposting this fact, but whenever I see something repeated in a thread I tend to pay more attention to it.

Like Deev said, research research research! This forum is just a HUGE wealth of knowledge. Make sure to check out the forced induction forum. Throw DSM turbo setups in search too and see what you can find.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                            I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Downgrade? You have a lot to learn, my friend...

Speaking of which... do some research for yourself. We don't spoon-feed around here. Especially to people that call our cars "downgrades"

Best of luck to you.

well down-grade.... meaning there is nothing like feeling a All Motor K -Series motor in a Hatch.... but dont get me wrong im loving Cb7's alot.... one of the most comfortable cars to chill ride in....

Comment

Working...
                              X