Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Battery mount in trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery mount in trunk

The only thing i have left to do is mount the battery in the trunk, its just been sitting back there this whole time, i want it neat, and have it sitting on the flat spot above the muffler. Has anyone got any good ideas, i have a few, but would like to see some pics and info from other people, thanks, just give me your thoughts....

You can buy battery boxes from your local auto parts store.

Bolt the box to the trunk floor. Put battery in box. Yippee.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Cool, thanks, Ive thought about that one or the aluminum one from summit, or making my own, but that looks good. thanks....just trying to get some more ideas, might go with that.. don't know..lol

the only thing im worried about is, throwing bolts or screws down into the heat shield, dont like the idea of that..

Yes, among the battery staying to hot above the muffler, but everyone else has them there on that only flat spot. I think it will be fine.. I dont know, im buying something, dont know what yet, tomorrow when i get paid to hold it down, so i can drive it around the subdivision more.

Any other pics someones got for me to see.. lol, trying to get some more ideas, thanks...
      Last edited by JoshM; 04-16-2010, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Yeah you're definitely on the right track. Batteries release toxic gas and if your trunk isn't sealed you're breathing it. I'm not certain but i think it's explosive too isn't it?
        IG: H2wagon
        https://www.youtube.com/@H2wagon

Comment

Dont got pics but i have my battery behind my passanger seat

Comment

Originally posted by gotboost? View Post
            Yeah you're definitely on the right track. Batteries release toxic gas and if your trunk isn't sealed you're breathing it. I'm not certain but i think it's explosive too isn't it?
            You are correct. if your going to relocate your autozone/sears no maintenance vented battery inside your interior/trunk. Make sure you run a vent to ensure the vapors are extracted. Best bet would be to spend the extra cash and get a sealed battery.

Just looking out for your health and the health of any back seat passengers.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by gotboost? View Post
              yes, the gas expelled is hydrogen. it is almost impossible to tell if it is ignited also, the flame is nearly invisible and the flame doesnt radiate near as much heat as other flamable substances.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

So let's put it in the trunk!

I'll leave mine under the hood, thanks.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                  yes, the gas expelled is hydrogen. it is almost impossible to tell if it is ignited also, the flame is nearly invisible and the flame doesn't radiate near as much heat as other flammable substances.
                  They also put sulfuric acid particulate into the air. The noticeable human signs of this are burning nose, throat, eyes and itchy skin. The noticeable vehicular signs of this contamination are rapid oxidation on unprotected metal surfaces. That's why you may see that blue/white crusty stuff (sulfuric acid + Hydrogen oxidation) on your battery terminals.

That is why most Accords have a breather/air intake tube pointed at the battery. Not only to try and keep the battery cool but also to help evacuate the sulfuric acid particulates and hydrogen gas from under the hood faster. I took mine off when I installed my CAI and almost immediately started to see oxidation forming on my battery posts. I kept them clean with a wire brush, water and baking soda. I had already thrown out the breather tube...
                  Last edited by GhostAccord; 04-16-2010, 12:54 PM.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Chill out guys, its just a battery in the trunk, very simple, i have bare metal through out the car, not an everyday driver, just going to cruise it every once in a while and race it at the track, no back seat, no passenger seat, no carpet, nothing. its fine, i was just wanting ideas on how other people mounted it. nevermind, ive already got a battery tray for it, but thanks anyway...

There are thousands of people that have the battery in the trunk, its no big deal.
                    Last edited by tootall; 04-16-2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

No need to get defensive, just giving people a heads up on the possible side effects of putting a regular non sealed battery in the trunk.

One other thing, now that you mentioned that you have no barrier between you and the trunk and the added fact that you will not be using your car as much. The vapors in the drivers compartment will be worse in your case. Just remember if you smell a rotten egg odor, let your car air out before spending time in it
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

thanks buddy, i didnt mean it that way, but i do plan on putting some kind of seperation between the cab and the trunk, thanks. Im working on it right now. lol

Comment

Working...
                        X