Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22 frank engine has bouncing idle (please help me)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 frank engine has bouncing idle (please help me)

Hey guys, I got my f22 frank engine running but need help with jumping idle. It has a h23 head and intake on it. It runs but the idle goes from 1000-1600-1000-1600 or so. Just up and down. I am still running the pt3 ecu on it. I have searched and tried a few things but no luck.

I've taken the ficv that is under the throttle body off and tightened the white plunger down. It was loose about 2 turns.

Replaced the iacv with the plug in on it with the old one from the f22 manifold on and still no change.

Checked intake bolts and gasket and they are all on good and tight. No change.

Tried blocking the iacv with a piece of cardboard and no change.

Now if I unplug the iacv the check engine light comes on but it runs better. Kind of a lope to it like it has a cam? But doesn't go up and down. I can only run it a few times after work because it is open headered.

I have a appointment on Friday to get exhaust so would like to get it figured out.

Please help me guys!

of you unplug the iacv and it stoped jumping then that ur problem even with the iacv unplugged it will still jump depending on how the biss screw is and the temp of the engine u can still run it with it unpluged i did that with my 91 eclipse and that loping u might have a missfire that happend with myeclipse to i didnt find out about the missfire till i unpluged the iacv

Comment

mine used to do that baaaadddd. i took it to the dealership and they found out that the idle speed was set too high and the computer was trying to compensate and lower it so it just bounced.
      COUPE K24

Comment

play with vaccum lines..... lol i had a bouncing idle for 5-6 months and recently discovered it was a mix up on vaccum lines.
        Members Ride sold...
        I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Idle speed might be it. I know it's not misfiring though.
          The throttle body and intake is all different so no idea how it was set

Comment

i read a diy thread on how to set it hears the link... http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=146239 cheack that, iacv, or vac line idk anything else it could be a easy way to sheack for a vac leak is to sea foam it look nder the hood and if u see the sea foam comeing out the engine track it down thats how my friend found a vacume leak he didnt know he had

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7 View Post
              play with vaccum lines..... lol i had a bouncing idle for 5-6 months and recently discovered it was a mix up on vaccum lines.
              Lol, I was told the vacuum lines don't matter it's all the same. The fpr goes to the nipple right behind it, map sensor is the nipple on top of the throttle body, brake booster hose and everything else is capped off.

Should point out that my old iacv worked good before the swap, it starts doing it about 30 seconds after I start it, and that I don't know if it matters but I do not know if the h23 stuff was from an auto or manual car if it matters

Comment

yes the lines do matter!!!!! and can you take pics of what you have? and do u have a black box for the IABs?
                Members Ride sold...

Comment

I can e-mail pics but can't post them. I do not have a black box, I gutted out the plenum spacer.

As far as vacuum lines go, the fuel pressure regulator goes to the single nipple right behind it. The map goes to the little nipple on top of the throttle body, and everything else is capped of with plugs. The fast idle thing is also capped of as well as the egr.

Like I said too, this does it about 30 seconds after I start it.

Comment

Wheres your air boost valve hooked up to? It should be connected to the intake manifold before the throttle body, if you connected it directly to the plenum, it would cause the problem your describing. You could also block it off, and see if it is the source of your vacuum leak.
                    Last edited by cloudasc; 06-30-2010, 12:12 AM.
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Right now it is capped off. By blocking it off do you mean where it bolts to the plenum or just the nipple?

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                        Wheres your air boost valve hooked up to? It should be connected to the intake manifold before the throttle body, if you connected it directly to the plenum, it would cause the problem your describing. You could also block it off, and see if it is the source of your vacuum leak.
                        Well fuck me bro, I was searching the forums and saw a post you made about swapping the throttle wheel from the f22 onto the h23 throttle body, saw a pic and saw a vacuum hose on the pic I didn't block off.

So long story short I have a vacuum leak at the nipple right behind the throttle bracket in front of the plenum.

Now, do I really need to swap the wheel thing and do you think that vacuum leak would cause the up and down idle?

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                          i did not know this currently mine is not hooked up to anything lol.
                          Members Ride sold...

Comment

Originally posted by red07frontier View Post
                            Well fuck me bro, I was searching the forums and saw a post you made about swapping the throttle wheel from the f22 onto the h23 throttle body, saw a pic and saw a vacuum hose on the pic I didn't block off.

So long story short I have a vacuum leak at the nipple right behind the throttle bracket in front of the plenum.

Now, do I really need to swap the wheel thing and do you think that vacuum leak would cause the up and down idle?
                            The only time you would switch the throttle wheel, is if you have an automatic and get a manual throttle body, because of the automatic kick down cable.

As for the nipple thats not plugged in, cap it and go through the setting a base idle procedure again.
                            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Ficv

I Have A F22a6 And I Wanted To Knw If Anyone Knows If I Take The Ficv What Would Happend

Comment

Working...
                              X