Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

'91 EX - power steering leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'91 EX - power steering leak

Sup everybody, new to the board and to the CB7. Just inherited a 1991 EX Coupe from my aunt. It's got 210,000 miles and really doesn't show it that much. I remember growing up I'd see it all the time, cause my dad did all the work on it since she bought it. It's lived in Jersey City its whole life but there's no outer body rust, just haven't checked under it or anything like that. I don't plan on doing anything to it at all except for just keeping it stock - I have an '87 300ZX for my tuner that I'm eventually gonna start work on and I just wanna keep the Accord for my daily driver, something comfortable as opposed to the stiffness of my ZX. I also have a 1990 Infiniti M30 which no one's probably ever heard of, but I keep it stored. Eventually gonna restore it someday.

Anyways, all my Accord needs to get running is a leak fix somewhere on the power steering. Don't know what the problem is since it's been sitting for about a year, but I had to slice the power steering belt to drive it home from her place cause the fluid was just pissing everywhere. Is this a common problem on Accords of this gen? Don't know where in particular it's leaking, I still gotta check that out.

Also, the thing vibrates like hell outside of Park, and all the engine mounts are just kinda floating there useless. Gotta get on that. But other than that, the car is pretty tight from what I can see, doesn't surprise me... it's a Honda. My '00 Odyssey has 197,000 on it, original trans and has not a single problem, so I'm pretty lucky there too.

The only thing I can see doing is the rotor-over-hub conversion cause I can't stand HOR setups.

Any tips on what to look out for? I'll do the usual cap, rotor, plugs, wires, all new fluids eventually. I still gotta get the wheels off and look at how the brakes are.

Oh, and stupid question, but the EXs had discs all around, right? Thanks
    Last edited by markj; 07-08-2010, 04:05 PM.
    1991 HONDA ACCORD EX COUPE
    2014 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD ----- 2000 Honda Odyssey LX
    2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S ------ 1994 Toyota Corolla DX
    2001 Subaru Outback --------- 1990 Infiniti M30

Welcome to the site.

Only 92-93 EX models had discs all around.

I didn't bother reading closely through the rest of your post, because I'm not really all that interested in your other cars. This is the technical section, and that stuff doesn't apply to your car. Please keep that in the off topic sections. Additionally, stating the problem in the thread title would be helpful. Both to you, so knowledgeable people will open the thread, and to people in the future that search for answers regarding the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Only 92-93 EX models had discs all around.
      Don't The SE version have it too? anyway ya ex/ex-r does have 4disk brake

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
      1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

Welcome Bruh bruh, i have a place where u can get engine mounts real cheap,PM me and i will let u know. and as for the power steering leak, check the hose.

you can turn the car on and ask a friend to look at the hose and if it is leaking u will smell it on the exhaust downpipe. It smells like burning rubber mixed with alcohol.

Comment

@devergote, Come On Bruh!!! The Guy Is New, And So Am I, U Dont Have To Be A Dick About Him Posting Wrongly

Comment

Originally posted by kosheen1 View Post
            Don't The SE version have it too? anyway ya ex/ex-r does have 4disk brake
            Yes, but the question was about EX models. No need to confuse matters. The SE existed in 91 and 93 only. The SE was the only North American CB to have rear discs and the F22A6 engine before 1992.

Originally posted by Accordknown View Post
            @devergote, Come On Bruh!!! The Guy Is New, And So Am I, U Dont Have To Be A Dick About Him Posting Wrongly
            And I don't need people telling me how to run my site. Thanks. Turn caps lock off.

If he listens to me, he'll actually get help. Otherwise, knowledgeable people are going to ignore him, because he fills his posts with useless information, and makes titles that have nothing to do with his question. Furthermore, my concern is the overall usefulness of this site. Meaning, when someone searches the site, it helps quite a bit to have thread titles that correspond with the topic of the thread. Oh, and it says all this in the rules as well... so it would probably benefit you guys a great deal to actually red them.

Comment

righto deev.
              i think his main problem is power steering, its leaking like a mofo and hes wondering if its a common occurrence in our models. I dont think so coming from having like 3 of them lol
              ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Uh yeah my bad deevergote, I didn't even realize this was the tech specific section, sorry. I'll edit the post in a bit.

But yeah my main problem is the power steering leak. I know the high pressure lines can't really be... fixed. I'll check the hoses. The reservoir itself isn't leaking and neither are the hoses connected to the bottom, at least from what I can see up top. Maybe I'm blind. I really have to get the car up and look at it from underneath. I'm pretty sure it's not the rack, upon quick visual inspection the boots aren't leaking and the rack itself I think was rebuilt a couple years ago... then again I read somewhere on search that rebuilt racks have a tendency to still leak? Not sure.
                1991 HONDA ACCORD EX COUPE
                2014 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD ----- 2000 Honda Odyssey LX
                2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S ------ 1994 Toyota Corolla DX
                2001 Subaru Outback --------- 1990 Infiniti M30

Comment

As far as your power steering leak I would probably take a second look at the rack and pinion on it. My previous cb7 I went through three rebuilt racks before I finally got one that didn't leak again shortly after being replaced.

Comment

Working...
                  X