Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Windage tray on F22A1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windage tray on F22A1?

Have anyone tried installing windage tray on F22A1? And if so, does it have anykind of effect and will it fit? It should bring few hp... i guess. Oh yeah, and what motors are equipped with this?
    Last edited by MrSpeedy; 08-19-2010, 01:50 PM.

im pretty sure the a6 comes with a windage tray in the tank. You wont gain any power or torque from installing one, but you engine will have plenty of oil even in the twistiest turns and crazy inclines/declines

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
    sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
    bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

yup my old a6 had one. so does my new one.
      COUPE K24

Comment

There u go if your worried about fitment issues go to the jy find an a6 oil pan and your gold

Comment

That might be tough to do in Finland... I don't believe their junkyards are overflowing with CBs like they are here!

But yes, the F22A6 has it. The F22A1 block casting is the same as the F22A6, so fitment should be no issue.
          Check out www.hondaautomotiveparts.com for diagrams and a list of parts needed. Not sure if they'd ship internationally, but if so, they're a good place to buy from as well!

Comment

haha sorry MrSpeedy didnt realize you where in Finland!

Comment

I'm not sure how much power it will bring. The F22A6 makes 20hp more than the F22A1, but much of that is due to the intake manifold, exhaust manifold, ECU, and camshaft. The windage tray is a small part. I'd say no more than 3hp, if even that. However, it's never a bad thing to have! If you're building a high-revving motor, it'll be even more important. Unnecessary oil flying around the pan is more of a hinderance to a crank moving at 9000rpm than it is at 5000rpm!

Comment

no hp is made from the tray, or the oil cooler
                cam, ecu, intake, exhaust mani, and muffler, are what makes an ex more powerful than your regular a1
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Yeah. We don't have those A6's here nor A4 or A1 (couple). There might be also a 1 or 2 coupe Accords. My accord is pretty special cause we have only 2,0l even that mine is A1. Damn Finland! What i've read is that it would, but i believe you. Don't have that much of experience on Accord. Btw Deev, the link didn't work? I'm also pretty stuck with the motor tuning just because can't get the parts. But I will...someday.

Comment

Strange. The link should work! Perhaps it only works in the US...

Majestic Honda is the name of the company. They're a dealership, but known for providing the best prices for parts online... and they have detailed diagrams, which are useful for identifying parts. Maybe you can Google the name and find them that way.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Strange. The link should work! Perhaps it only works in the US...

Majestic Honda is the name of the company. They're a dealership, but known for providing the best prices for parts online... and they have detailed diagrams, which are useful for identifying parts. Maybe you can Google the name and find them that way.
                      Yeah, i think so. Tried it with google and the first site was this. http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/

I think this is the type of site you were referring to.

Comment

Yeah, that's just like it, only a European dealer. Unfortunately, they only list the 2.0L!

Comment

You are looking for item #6:

11221-PT2-000 PLATE, BAFFLE 29.77

I have a couple lying around if you really want one. I guess you take care of shipping.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                            You are looking for item #6:

11221-PT2-000 PLATE, BAFFLE 29.77

I have a couple lying around if you really want one. I guess you take care of shipping.
                            Thanks for the offer. But I think i put this aside while it's not going to give any gain on hp. And there is also much else to do on the enginebay than this.

Thanks for all the replies!

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                              no hp is made from the tray, or the oil cooler...
                              all the info I have found says the windage tray adds 1-2hp on most vehicles that did not have them before...unlike the oil cooler (which just cools the oil) the tray prevents the liquid oil from contacting the moving crank which reduces drag and frothing of the oil
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X