Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

exhaust help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust help

ok so i have a 91 accord, and i want tyo buy an exhaust. But i dont want a high ricer sounding exhaust, i want a low deep toned exhaust. so does anyone have suggestions on what brand to go with and if you have sound clips or something i would greatly appreciate it.

Get header and muffler of choice. I prefer flowmaster mufflers, they have a great deep tone. Then take to an exhaust shop and have them run 2.25 inch piping between the two with a resonator or two. That's ideal imo
    Life's a garden. Dig it.

Comment

That sounds good 2.25 pipe good size resonater 15-18 inch maybe a magnaflow muffler they look better.

my old setup h22a4 eng 2.5 inch pipe twin tip magnaflow
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPABwhOfvdE

current setup h22a4 2.5 inch pipe 08 civic Si muffler
      Freedom Is Not Free
      U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Magnaflow bro . they sound great. i have them on all my rides and will never change them. own g8 gxp, 91 cb7, 91 crx si, and 99 f150.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

look for an S-flow & avoid straight flow..

Comment

run a 2 1/4 from the cat back to a resonater then a glass pack with a nice tip sounds great

Originally posted by Darkcloud
            Wimp go low or go home haha
            Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
            Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

can you tell by looking at a muffler what kind of sound it would put out? its the only thing keeping me from buying exhaust. i dont want it to sound like a wet fart.lol
              Last edited by hmchaos; 08-29-2010, 01:10 PM.
              " the only thing that stands between a Marine and God, is a Corpsman "

"Don't shoot your mouth off unless your brains are loaded"

Comment

i have 2.5" high flow cat and a obx header. it sounds nice but recently its gotten a weird sound in it. im thinking about getting a small resonator for it.
                COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
                  Magnaflow bro . they sound great. i have them on all my rides and will never change them. own g8 gxp, 91 cb7, 91 crx si, and 99 f150.
                  could you post a video of your 91 cb7s exhaust because mine is a 91 so i wanna see how it would sound. Thats what i have been leaning to i just wanna make sure it sounds great.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Comment

my camera is on the fritts or i would. look on youtu**.you can find a example there

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

You can say youtube. It's ok.

Comment

Any opinions on straight pipe?

Comment

Straight pipe isn't the best idea, especially if you don't want to sound ricey. I have a Megan header and downpipe, Magnaflow high flow cat, and an Apexi WS2 muffler with 2.25" piping. It sounds pretty good. Nice, deep tone, not too loud.

Comment

Originally posted by capo_status View Post
                            Straight pipe isn't the best idea, especially if you don't want to sound ricey. I have a Megan header and downpipe, Magnaflow high flow cat, and an Apexi WS2 muffler with 2.25" piping. It sounds pretty good. Nice, deep tone, not too loud.
                            do you feel the difference on hp than the stock?
                            AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
                            JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

A straight pipe 1) is illegal, 2) will make your car sound terrible, 3) will make your car smell terrible, and 4) is one of the reasons emissions laws are the way they are, making it so difficult for tuners that actually respect the law and the environment to enjoy their hobby.

In other words, don't do it. Don't use a test pipe, or a straight pipe, or a cheapie "high flow" cat... Just get a quality catalytic converter of the proper diameter, and you will get all the performance you need. It is not a very restrictive design at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X