Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

oil leaks along side of transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil leaks along side of transmission

I first thought it was the distributor, so i already replaced the o ring and the cap seal. But still there is a leak that runs down the side of the transmission towards the front right tire. I've been trying the figure out whats wrong but no luck yet. If you take off the front right tire you will see a black cover on the transmission. I don't know how oil can leak from above it. please help...

possibly valve cover gasket?
    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
    The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

thanks but its not that also. Im gonna have a mechanic take a look at it.

Comment

What motor? H series? F DOHC, SOHC? If you have a DOHC, it could be a really bad cam seal, those are prone to failure since they're plastic. Your internal dizzy seal wasn't leaking right? Like oil inside the dizzy? Also trying to picture your leak, auto or manual?

Comment

I think I rember reading somthing about the oil temp sensor can leak, and it's on that side of the engine. It might not be the temp sensor, because we don't have temp gauges, I can't find the thread I was reading. Someone might know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Cblove View Post
            I think I rember reading somthing about the oil temp sensor can leak, and it's on that side of the engine. It might not be the temp sensor, because we don't have temp gauges, I can't find the thread I was reading. Someone might know what I'm talking about.
            i think thats on the back of the block above the oil filter
            2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
            VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
            VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
            The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
            August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I have an F22A1. I know its leaking from somewhere along the top since it only leaks after the engine been running for a while then when its parked it would drip a few oil drops. While sitting on a cold engine it doesn't leak. When I open the distributor there is some oil but very little. I changed the o ring and the cap seal for the distributor. If it starts to leak again I will take some pictures of the leak for you guys. thanks a lot for all the suggestions.
              Last edited by Dis1hmongcord; 09-17-2010, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis1hmongcord View Post
                I have an F22A1. I know its leaking from somewhere along the top since it only leaks after the engine been running for a while then when its parked it would drip a few oil drops. While sitting on a cold engine it doesn't leak. When I open the distributor there is some oil but very little. I changed the o ring and the cap seal for the distributor. If it starts to leak again I will take some pictures of the leak for you guys. thanks a lot for all the suggestions.
                There shouldn't be any oil inside your dissy, not even a little, and believe me, it can look like it leaks a lot of oil on top of your transmision, even though it's only driping a few drops at a time from inside your cap. I'm having that same problem.

Comment

If the internal seal inside the dizzy is leaking, it could eventually fry something. This is not the external o ring, there's also an internal shaft seal too, check the DIY section, there's some good info on rebuilding w/ a new seal.

Comment

Yea, that was my first guess. well its a cool Saturday morning. I'm going to work on my car and maybe take some pics for you guys.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the help and suggestions. I'm almost positive its my distributor that the oil is leaking from. I think its the internal seal that's not good anymore. Probably gona save some money and get a brand new one. Or find someway to replace the internal seal.

Comment

check the diy section, then go from there!

Comment

It's not in the DIY anymore. Here's a link.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...stributor+leak

I just got a used one from the jy. It was 1/10th the price of a new one. And probably 1/10th as reliable also. lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X