Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Catback From Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catback From Ebay

I've searched and haven't found an answer. After some headaches with my exhaust I need to replace at least the muffler and axle pipe. I need something cheap but I want it quieter. I decided i would get a stock one, couldn't find anything at the local pnp's and a new stock muffler is $120 at the store, while a noname full catback on ebay is $120 shipped. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT Does anyone have any experience on how loud the ebay ones are WITH the silencer IN on a cb? I've searched the youtube vids, the only vid I could find with it in was on a scion, and it's hard to tell the actual noise level from youtube. Please don't recommend a Ws2 for quietness, or tell me to buy it cut off the muffler and have a new one put on, or that it sounds good or bad. I'm only interested in how loud it is. I'm either going with that or a stocker.

short

Any cheap exhaust is going to be pretty loud. The only way to quiet it down is to add another large resonator, or use a bigger muffler... which, of course, would increase the cost by $100 or more.

If you want quiet, your options are limited to high quality (used will make them cheaper), OEM, or a custom system pieced together by someone that knows what they're doing.

Comment

I was worried that would be the answer oh well stocker it is...on a plus I found it for half the price of autozone at partstrain

Comment

I absolutely hate loud mufflers. I was in the same situation you were in last month. I bought a Vibrant street muffler for $125 at the local shop and then spend $30 on tubing and made my own axel back in my garage. I'm happy with it! The ebay catback will be garbage. There is no way they can manufacture it and ship it for that little without sacrificing serious quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobermann View Post
          I absolutely hate loud mufflers. I was in the same situation you were in last month. I bought a Vibrant street muffler for $125 at the local shop and then spend $30 on tubing and made my own axel back in my garage. I'm happy with it! The ebay catback will be garbage. There is no way they can manufacture it and ship it for that little without sacrificing serious quality.
          Very well said.On the other hand ive heard some ebay exhaust sound ok just throw a diffrent muffler on one and your good to go.Its all in what you wanna do/spend.

02 Crv
          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Ebay exhaust systems aren't really that bad, I actually have one, but since I've been threw alot with it, its been almost repaired in pieces.

The only thing that really sucks is just the muffler, get yourself a different muffler like HKS or Apexi.

The mufflers that come with the cat back from ebay do suck and sound bad.

Comment

Just make sure when you get it it actually is 2.5in piping. i got my and it was only 2.25in. when i got the right one it actually sounded pretty nice. not to loud but at wot it had a deep yet raspy tone. not to ricey lol

Comment

i was also looking into buying an ebay cat back any reccomended ones? or ones to look out for?

Comment

I have the ebay catback and absolutely hate it. It is way too loud and sounds like a giant fart cannon. I had got it because my stock exhaust rotted out and I needed something cheap. I am going to be replacing the entire catback as soon as tax time comes around.
                  You CAN'T Fix Stupid!

Comment

exhaust

with an all stock 93 cb7, should i buy a new muffler? and would it make a difference in performance?

Comment

i agree about ebay... the mufflers are complete shit at certain rpms, i get a faint raspy noise around 3-4k rpm which drives me up the wall but not enough to spend 200 for a different muffler right now... i can live with it, its all in what you can deal with!

Comment

I'm running a 2.5" ebay exhaust with the silencer installed in it. But it is a tsudo one. Actually not that loud for the muffler, but I'm gonna get a new one when money allows.

You're not gonna see any real difference between any two brands of catbacks other than the mufflers. There's no real point to swap out a 2.5" ebay exhaust with a 2.5" name brand exhaust, just swap the muffler.

Comment

I bought my complete exhaust system on my CRX from eBay: headers, down pipe, cat-back, everything. It sounded really good, it was good quality, and fit good.

Comment

Working...
                          X