Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 Accord race car Build/Questions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweetness I love people that arent afraid to weld right next to the gas tank!

good luck guys!
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Comment

This is awesome! Cant wait to see more!

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

after the lemons race, you should bring it to the circle dirt track races! they also have the 500 dollar buy it if you win though,
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          after the lemons race, you should bring it to the circle dirt track races! they also have the 500 dollar buy it if you win though,
          Hey that's a good idea, I never thought of that one! Gotta check out some local tracks

Comment

look for a white 90 civic, my shop did some work on that thing. good luck.
            I <3 G60.

Comment

We came in 51st place out of 175, car finished, almost no problems, what a super fucking fun weekend A++++ WILL RACE AGAIN

More images/vid later

Comment

Wow not bad at all...
                Accord Of The Month January 09
                Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

hellllzzz yea awesome job bro....not bad at all..looking really race car

Comment

Originally posted by aventari View Post
                    I will check with teammates on how they feel about p/s.

It probably would be useful to alleviate driver fatigue. The driver sessions will be pretty grueling
                    WOW ROGER THE 24 HR LEMANS!!! its in the car and driver magazine.!!! 51st is a pretty good place! i autox and i knew thes accords had potential when i drove my buddies. then i bought mine. GREAT JOB!!!!
                    Last edited by rxnasty; 12-09-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Very nice man!!!!

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                      PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Very nice. Glad it was a blast!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

God damn that looks like a ton of fun

Next yr... Prelude? Lot of the big parts switch over and its a good 200lb lighter

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

good stuff man, did you see a 90-91 white civic? it got around 40th with a 17 lap penalty. guy wants me to drive it next, lol.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

================================================== =========
                              ANCIENT THREAD: RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE
                              ================================================== =========

Hey all, I'm back! I'm sure nobody remembers me but I'll pretend you do
                              Here's the quick synopsis of what happened after the last race way back in 2010:

My friend and I stopped racing with the guys who owned the car and went off to build our own car. I ended up building and tracking a BMW E30 track car for a while, and my CB7 teammates kept racing the Accord for a few years, I think they did 5 or 6 races.

The car got smashed up pretty good and eventually they stopped racing it and ran out of room to store the thing. They called me and asked if I wanted to buy it for $1500 last summer. I said ok and drove down to pick it up.

It hadn't been started in over a year, but I brought a battery, we dumped so gas in the tank and it started up! The idle was bouncing from 3000 rpm to 600 and back again but it ran.
                              We put it on the trailer and brought it home and now I'm going to fix it up and race again!

The plan is to hit up a track day at Streets of Willow Springs on Feb 7th to shake the car down, and then race it at Buttonwillow 24 Hours of Lemons in June: http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/event...utton-turrible
                              The main things I need to do are to update the roll cage for the new safety rules, replace all the worn out suspension components, and fix the smashed up body.

I'll keep the thread updated with progress.

So far in the past 2 weeks I've:
                              • New battery Optima red top
                              • Coolant bypassed throttle body and IACV
                              • Removed FITV valve, made block off plate <- fixed idle surge
                              • Removed ABV air boost valve, made block off plate
                              • Flushed cooling system with water and radiator flush.. straight water has been sitting in the cooling system for years... not good.
                              • oil + filter change 15w50 Mobil 1
                              • rebuilt front calipers R+L
                              • new rear wheel cylinders R+L
                              • New brake shoes - some kind of racing compound that came with the car
                              • Bled brakes - Castrol GTLMA
                              • Adjusted rear brakes so drums just drag at 1 click
                              • New left rear hub+wheel bearing
                              • New left rear drum
                              • rear sway bushings 14mm poly $13 from ebay woot
                              • L+R rear upper control arms + ball joints
                              • L+R Outer tie rod ends
                              • Front L+R Upper ball joints -1 - +1 camber adjustable-- set to max caster now, will change when I get alignment
                              • Removed extraneous exhaust heat shielding
                              • Gas filler neck, removed unleaded restrictor
                              • Fixed missing front right swaybar end link bushing
                              • Lightened balance belt pulley

Question: I need to get it aligned, what's a good start for a race alignment? I'm thinking FRONT 2.5 degrees camber, 0 toe, max caster (even across both sides) - REAR 2 degrees camber 0 toe

Comment

Working...
                              X