Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to put back lower timing cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to put back lower timing cover?

I try every way to put it back but it want to go in.

I keep getting stuck at radius rod.

anyone know any trick>?

forget it. I just beat the shit out of my car because I was sooo fustrated to put this damn cover back on

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
      forget it. I just beat the shit out of my car because I was sooo fustrated to put this damn cover back on
      NICE job man

Is the crank pulley off?Are you trying to do this from up top?Best bet is to jack the driver side up pull the wheel pull the crank pulley and should bolt right on man same way it came off.Check this link out maybe it will get you squared away....
      http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=1909961
      Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 12-19-2010, 05:40 PM.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

i try it from the bottom. of course the crank pulley is off

the frustrating part is the gasket keep coming off once the thing get in

whatever. I broke 2 lower timing cover. Now i got to order another one

Comment

I hear ya, I haven't done mine in awhile, but it did take several tries just b/c of the gasket. It literally only goes up and in 1 way from the bottom, very tough, you'll get there.

Comment

Remove the bar that goes to the front crossmember . Go in slow. It takes a while. I put some glue at the top of the gasket and had a 2nd person guide me up.

Comment

you have to tilt the bottom of the cover towards the back and go in that way. try doing a h22 swapped car. its even tighter.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                try doing a h22 swapped car. its even tighter.
                word.

I spent 2 hours wrestling that lower timing cover and at the same time trying to keep that rubber seal that goes around it on, which kept on coming off. That was honestly the most time consuming part of the t-belt install.

Comment

I will give it a try again after i get another timing cover

I might take off the Radius Rod this time

Comment

I always use silicone sealer to hold the gasket on the cover. Well worth the 40 minutes or so it takes to set up.

Problem solved.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I got so frustrated with one of mine that I undid the left front corner of the cross member to allow the engine to drop even more than with just the left engine mount undone. I second using sealer or gasket maker as an adhesive to hold the seals on.
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

the cover is the only thing left for me to get my CB up and running.

it been shitting there for a year

Comment

Working...
                        X