Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

oem a4 header or generic header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oem a4 header or generic header?

which one would you prefer?

i have the generic header but after 3 years it now has a burnt look to it. im thinking of going back to OEM but a4 header (since i have a a1).

is that a good idea?
    cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Do you have the single inlet flex pipe used on the A1? The A4 exhaust manifold is a 4-2 design and requires a 2-1 flex pipe (A4, A6) and the 02 sensor is located on the flex pipe ahead of the cat instead of on the manifold itself like the A1. If the header still works, there are surface treatments that can improve the appearance. Check out Eastwood auto restoration products.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

both seem to flow good , so i would go get some high heat temp . paint and clean the header and re spray it . but as stated above , if the header has no leaks , then why change it

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
        Do you have the single inlet flex pipe used on the A1? The A4 exhaust manifold is a 4-2 design and requires a 2-1 flex pipe (A4, A6) and the 02 sensor is located on the flex pipe ahead of the cat instead of on the manifold itself like the A1. If the header still works, there are surface treatments that can improve the appearance. Check out Eastwood auto restoration products.
        right now i have the generic no brand header (4-2-1?). i just thought an a4 header would be better than a crappy header from ebay.
        cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

If you have a 4-2-1 header, switching to a F22A4 manifold (which only goes from 4 to 2) will also require a new flex pipe and relocation of the 02 sensor.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            If you have a 4-2-1 header, switching to a F22A4 manifold (which only goes from 4 to 2) will also require a new flex pipe and relocation of the 02 sensor.

i figured that... -__-

the a4 flex pipe is a direct bolt on though right? o.O
            cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

If the header you have now is working properly (no leaks) then there's no point. The A4 header won't be any better (possibly a little worse in terms of performance.)

People generally say the A4 piece is better, because there's no need to spend $100 on a cheapie header that isn't going to give much of a gain over what the A4 has to offer. However, a newer cheapie header is usually better than a 20 year old OEM one that's about to fall apart.

Comment

The a4 would bolt right up to your cat, but if I were you, I'd leave it as is w/ the aftermarket one, it's perfectly fine!

Comment

ceramic paint, here i come!!
                  cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

If all you care about is how it looks then get used to pulling it and re-doing it often. Or send it out to get jet coated or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X