Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22A N/A Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f22a4boy
    replied
    hey bro i use to have a f22 running faster than a h22 for like 1200 but i had a new f22a1 from tigerjapanese and i loved it great potential truely h22 is fun dont get me wrong but i just loved the face of the vtec owners when there vtec poped and i kept wining lol good luck bro cb7tuners will help you just ask good questions and you will be ok!

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    The F22A has AMAZING potential. After a certain point, an F22A can make just as much streetable power as an H22A for about the same money (get to about 250whp, and the overall cost of building each engine to that level would even out...)

[QUOTE=Chase d cb7;2722958]
    Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    What do you mean "top mount"... That is what ITBs look like on an F22A. Where else are you going to put them?

QUOTE]

Top Mount Injectors.

Dont you be jivin me like that.

Nah its a b, f22bisi after all that. fuck.

.peace.
    Is this the sort of thing I'm to expect from you on a regular basis? If so, please just leave this forum now, and save us all a headache.

Leave a comment:

• Chase d cb7
    replied
    [QUOTE=deevergote;2722237]What do you mean "top mount"... That is what ITBs look like on an F22A. Where else are you going to put them?

QUOTE]

Top Mount Injectors.

Dont you be jivin me like that.

Nah its a b, f22bisi after all that. fuck.

.peace.

Leave a comment:

• Madpol
    replied
    Originally posted by capo_status View Post
    As I said earlier, an h22 Swap has not yet been ruled out. I'm just exploring the possibilities of building an f22. This will be my project car so either way it will fun and good experience.
    totally agree man....any project is fun and a good learning experience.

im looking forward to my h22 swap but sadly i need to attend to some major rust above both rear pillars on the roof which is gona set me back $1800 not including parts but once thats done its all on for the swap and DAMN im looking forward to it...

-H22 engine (complete with manifolds)
    -F20B gearbox with LSD
    -loom
    -ecu
    -alternator,distributor and starter motor
    -power steer pump
    -axles
    -shifters
    -standard engine mounts and brackets

all for $2200

Leave a comment:

• blu35p4rr0w
    replied
    Please tell me where you can cut and paste Bisi's exact head porting specs...
    I have no idea brother. If it was available somewhere or you knew somebody who could tell you. Or if perhaps you had access to a bisi header and could copy off of that yourself for your header & head ports. Or happened to be taking notes when Bisi was porting a head...

If you had that bisi f22a sitting right in front of you and a good machinist, I would think he could make some measurements and take some notes and copy it. Good luck with that though. I'm still kinda new to all this tuning stuff. I'm just saying if you knew them you could try to replicate them for your own build.

As far as if you don't know what you're doing get someone who does. OF COURSE my man. I would never try resurfacing or porting or welding anything because I don't know the first thing about it. LOL

Leave a comment:

• theSOB
    replied
    So rather than the bisi manifold would it be more beneficial to go with the h23 manifold in an n/a build?
    yes, with double stacked iab plates. i personally like iab to remain operable. others like to eliminate it altogether.

Leave a comment:

• capo_status
    replied
    Originally posted by theSOB View Post
    is this what you're talking about?

a design like that will only work well with a forced induction setup
    So rather than the bisi manifold would it be more beneficial to go with the h23 manifold in an n/a build?

Leave a comment:

• capo_status
    replied
    Originally posted by Madpol View Post
    im just curious as to why your choosing to spend alot of money on a f22?
    im not saying its bad im just curious
    As I said earlier, an h22 Swap has not yet been ruled out. I'm just exploring the possibilities of building an f22. This will be my project car so either way it will fun and good experience.

Leave a comment:

• theSOB
    replied
    Bisimoto makes an intake manifold for F22s. If I recall correctly Bisi makes an intake manifold for the H22 as well.
    is this what you're talking about?

a design like that will only work well with a forced induction setup

Leave a comment:

• Madpol
    replied
    im just curious as to why your choosing to spend alot of money on a f22?
    im not saying its bad im just curious

Leave a comment:

• capo_status
    replied
    Originally posted by theSOB View Post
    what's the bisi intake manifold?

how bad of an idea is it taking my head to a local guy here with a flowbench and everything but he's only ever worked on domestics or tractor engines? lol.
    Bisimoto makes an intake manifold for F22s. If I recall correctly Bisi makes an intake manifold for the H22 as well.

Leave a comment:

• rexload
    replied
    - set a specific power goal and how much you have to spend
    - decide how much of the labor you will be doing yourself

then at least you could come up with a parts list that you need for your power goal. plus people will be able to tell you if your budget is realistic.

Leave a comment:

• theSOB
    replied
    My plan is to go with the bisi cam first out of all the work I want to do. As for H23 intake manifold, my plan is to get the bisi intake manifold which is better than the H23 manifold.
    what's the bisi intake manifold?

As for the exhaust ports, unless you know exactly what you're doing, you're better off going to an experienced head porter. Someone that has worked on the F22A, and tell him what you want. With his experience, and hopefully the assistance of a flow bench, he can modify the head according to your needs.
    how bad of an idea is it taking my head to a local guy here with a flowbench and everything but he's only ever worked on domestics or tractor engines? lol.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    Originally posted by blu35p4rr0w View Post
    That may be true... but I need a new set of underwear after seeing the Bisi F22 with ITBs....
    I'm subbing here cuz it's givin me a lot of ideas for my f22a. more like dreams that can only be realized through saving or getting a better job once I get the blue bird on the road.

As far as opening ports, how much? If you're going to open the ports and open up the header you'd need an idea what dimensions you want, unless you're just trying to imitate the Bisi(copy/paste). As far as welding, if you can do it urself sweet, if not how much would it cost to have done in comparison. I see 240 for header and collector. Would it really come close to 1200 after paying a welder? That seems a little insane to me.

maybe the esp option, if it existed, would come close. but if It's really going to cost that much to pay a welder, I need to take a welding course! that & an auto body course. I wanna be able to fabricate & paint everything myself, plus make my living working on cars. One of my dreams. Then work towards "ASE everything." I'd be like the young Yeshua Ha-Mashiach if he was a mechanic/welder/painter/machinist instead of a carpenter.

F22A makes me !
    The "almost the same price" was in regards to the suggested ESP header, not the Bisimoto header. The gains from welding a 2.5" collector on a cheap header wouldn't come anywhere near the Bisimoto header's gains. There's no sense even trying to compare.
    I personally paid $100 to have my traction bar tig-welded in place. It took the guy about an hour to do. That was merely welding that one part to my car... not attempting to fabricate a leak-free modified header. I could easily see a talented welder asking for $200. It is, however, impossible to say... because I cannot speak for all the professional welders out there. There might be someone that would do it well, and do it for a case of their favorite beer. Still, it seems like an awful lot of money and effort to put into what is still an inferior product.

As for the exhaust ports, unless you know exactly what you're doing, you're better off going to an experienced head porter. Someone that has worked on the F22A, and tell him what you want. With his experience, and hopefully the assistance of a flow bench, he can modify the head according to your needs.

Leave a comment:

• capo_status
    replied
    Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
    1. I dont want to hear "get a Bisi header, everything else is a waste of time." Not everyone can afford one, a basic 4-2-1 header is a good start.

2. I would start with an aftermarket cam. I have had good results with my Bullfrog/Gude cam. Its comparable to a Bisi stg 2, but given the choice again, I would get the Bisi. I picked up my cam because a local was offering a good deal on the cam.

3. Upgrade to a H23 intake manifold to improve your airflow.

Your other bolt-on mods you listed is a great start, the 2 mods I listed are terrific bolt-ons that are relativity inexpensive, and will give you a great boost in power.

My mods are:
    H23 Intake manifold - $50
    Used DC Sports header - $70
    Gude Cam - $100
    2.5" Exhaust - $160
    K+N Filter - $35

With these mods I should be at around 155 - 170 whp, once tuned. I have to dnyo the setup to find out for sure, but others with similar mods are putting down this amount of power, for no where near the amount of cash for a H22 swap.
    My plan is to go with the bisi cam first out of all the work I want to do. As for H23 intake manifold, my plan is to get the bisi intake manifold which is better than the H23 manifold.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X