Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Trying to build an accord ecu hacking group.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to build an accord ecu hacking group.

Hi my name is fuse. I am in the middle of cracking the pt3 and pt6 ecus used in the 90-93 accords. I am looking for anyone with tuning experience and some tuning tools or some one that is good with hex/assembly/ high level program skills and is willing to help. My email is shadetreebr@yahoo.com

Some links of what we have done so far. Some vids of me changing fuel at the end of the link.
    http://www.realhomemadeturbo.com/for...?topic=16298.0
    What my partner in crime is up to
    http://www.nexuslite.com/92-honda-ac...0-pt3-a02-ecu/

So far we can change fuel, ignition timing and work around the checksum. I figured this would be the site to ask for help.

Why not just use a tuning program like crome?
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
      Because if you can Hack it completely then the skys the limit! I wonder if you could get the car to run off of Linux and recognize it. As long as the cars getting the output signal it shouldnt matter? Of course with OBD1 not much can be done with just the stock software.
      -Will

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
        I am a crome dealer. It doesn't work with the accord ecus crome has some support for a p13 ecu that is about it. For fun I am trying to hack the accord ecus.

The benefits that I can think of
        1. Saves everyone on this side money you would not have to obtain a civic ecu to tune.
        2. You could start out the tune with the stock honda bin that has been tested and tried true. In stead of a civic bin moded to run a F.
        3. No messing with the wiring (ya I know its only 2 pins) to run a civic ecu.
        4. Chipping an accord ecu only involves pulling out the 28 pin rom reinstalling a socket and a 4 pin header. Unlike the civic ecu that involves about 90 pins to solder.
        5. Retaining the egr system to improve mpgs.
        6. I'm tired of hearing it cant be done and you can help me make it happen.
        7. Accord ecus are cheap and easy to find.
        Last edited by Fuse; 02-13-2011, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
          Because if you can Hack it completely then the skys the limit! I wonder if you could get the car to run off of Linux and recognize it. As long as the cars getting the output signal it shouldnt matter? Of course with OBD1 not much can be done with just the stock software.
          At the moment I am just trying to change the stock bin for starters. But yes with a lot of time and work you could probably program it to run a dish washer if you wanted to.

Comment

It would be amazing to make the PT3/PT6 tunable. People on here spend far too much for a P06 or P28.

We do have a handful of fairly experienced tuners on here (sadly, I'm not one of them.) Hopefully they'll be able to offer some assistance. This would certainly be a great addition to the CB7-tuning community! With Bisimoto drumming up popularity for the F22A, it'll be nice to retain yet another Accord part in the upgrading process. Not too long ago, to make your Accord fast, you basically had to remove everything "Accord" under the hood. Not so anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              It would be amazing to make the PT3/PT6 tunable. People on here spend far too much for a P06 or P28.

We do have a handful of fairly experienced tuners on here (sadly, I'm not one of them.) Hopefully they'll be able to offer some assistance. This would certainly be a great addition to the CB7-tuning community! With Bisimoto drumming up popularity for the F22A, it'll be nice to retain yet another Accord part in the upgrading process. Not too long ago, to make your Accord fast, you basically had to remove everything "Accord" under the hood. Not so anymore!
              I hope to make it happen. For me its been about a year and a half making the test rig and working the bin so far. Just now starting to see a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

Im happy to see somebody is trying to crack the code. Is it possible to run VTEC once you get the code cracked?

Comment

Originally posted by Skeet Skeet View Post
                  Im happy to see somebody is trying to crack the code. Is it possible to run VTEC once you get the code cracked?
                  I would imagine If i could control the outputs I could make them kick on at a programed rpm. If I can get this ecu figured out I will probably move to the p0a,p0b and p13 family.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuse View Post
                    I would imagine If i could control the outputs I could make them kick on at a programed rpm. If I can get this ecu figured out I will probably move to the p0a,p0b and p13 family.
                    If this is for real, I have something you may want to see...

A friends grandpa had a Honda hookup and bought a trailer of cb7 test parts, almost any cb7 part you can think of was on it. Including this pt3 ecu with a bunch of extra wires, a 7 pin din connector and some extra board. My guess being for RTP or some kind of logging.

Problem is the trailer sat outside for a few years before I got to see it, most of the parts are filled with water and rotted away. (sad because I have found a lot of cool stuff on it that is now useless.) I took the ecu though because it may hold a key to unlocking the pt3 secret. It is pretty dirty but seems mostly complete and appears to be chipped also.

Maybe you would know more about it.

Comment

Oh man this is one hell of an exciting thread....will make my life easier if i ever get the chance to own another cb7!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                        If this is for real, I have something you may want to see...

A friends grandpa had a Honda hookup and bought a trailer of cb7 test parts, almost any cb7 part you can think of was on it. Including this pt3 ecu with a bunch of extra wires, a 7 pin din connector and some extra board. My guess being for RTP or some kind of logging.

Problem is the trailer sat outside for a few years before I got to see it, most of the parts are filled with water and rotted away. (sad because I have found a lot of cool stuff on it that is now useless.) I took the ecu though because it may hold a key to unlocking the pt3 secret. It is pretty dirty but seems mostly complete and appears to be chipped also.

Maybe you would know more about it.
                        Wow someone was trying to do something with that ecu. Not sure I can reuse it or do anything with it (due to in bad shape) looks like they took out the ram and the 66911 processor. The sister board is made my denshigen which is very strange because denshigen designed the honda ecu.

Where dose that sister board plug into? By honda hook up do you mean honda dealer/factory. That almost looks like something used by the factory to set up the stock tune.

What are you wanting to do with the ecu? Are you interested in selling it?

This is what my ecu looks like

You can see the sst eeprom and the 4 pin in cn2.
                        Last edited by Fuse; 02-14-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuse View Post
                          Wow someone was trying to do something with that ecu. Not sure I can reuse it or do anything with it (due to in bad shape) looks like they took out the ram and the 66911 processor. The sister board is made my denshigen which is very strange because denshigen designed the honda ecu.

Where dose that sister board plug into? By honda hook up do you mean honda dealer/factory. That almost looks like something used by the factory to set up the stock tune.

What are you wanting to do with the ecu?

This is what my ecu looks like

You can see the sst eeprom and the 4 pin in cn2.

I am 90% sure it is a factory test ecu.

I'm not even sure if it works, but what is on it could be replicated. (Can't/ don't want to test it on the H)

I have no use for it.

PM me.

Something else I noticed is the largest chip (the one that says oki in your ecu) is in a socket on the one I have. Weird.
                          Last edited by EJX_Michael; 02-14-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                            Something else I noticed is the largest chip (the one that says oki in your ecu) is in a socket on the one I have. Weird.
                            Ya thats the processor weird indeed. I will run it on my rig and see if it works lol. The sister board is what is catching my eye.

Comment

experience

Well, I have some embedded systems experience and have played with both pic architecture and avg.

I have experience in assembly, and c. I won't say I am extremely good at it, but have done a fair share of both.

I have some experience with circuit design and am an ece major.

I would be glad to help, if I can lol.

I have often wanted to mess with the honda ecu's but have not had much time to do anything.

I have chip burner for the standard chippable ecu's and am running neptune RTP as an emulator.

I have access to an ostrich if it would be helpful, but as this will probably require different hardware and software.

I have a wide band o2 sensor and separate gauge.

The problem I will have for testing on a stock ecu and map is that I am running and h22, so the maps would obviously not be testable on my setup.

Anyway let me know, I am sure it would be fun to learn the board and the way honda set things up.

Regards.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X