Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90/91 se rear discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90/91 se rear discs

So on my quest at the pic a part for my fog lights I found a 90/91 se. Will the rear disc convert over to my 92 lx. I'm headed back tomorrow if it works ill pick them up. No luck finding my fog lights yet.

Yes it will work, I have a 92 DX and used a 91 SE for my rear disk conversion. Make sure you take the rear sway bar and frame so you can use it on your lx.

Comment

Thanks ill have to pick them up for sure tomorrow. Looks like I have my work cut out for me tomorrow.

Comment

Yup my friend has a 92 DX as well with 91 Se rear disc brakes. how ironic.

Comment

91 SE. There is no 90 SE.

Anyway, yes... they will work. You will need a 40/40 prop valve from an Integra to make them function properly. Otherwise, your brake balance will be off, which can be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            91 SE. There is no 90 SE.

Anyway, yes... they will work. You will need a 40/40 prop valve from an Integra to make them function properly. Otherwise, your brake balance will be off, which can be dangerous.
            You do not need it but its reccomended for more balanced braking.

I still doubt that integra valve because they have the same sized brakes in the front as a CB but their rear rotors are smaller than ours. Why wouldn't we use a prop valve from a car with identical sized brakes like a prelude S?

How could slightly more braking in the rear be dangerous anyways.

Comment

I was thinking of doing the same thing too
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...53&postcount=4

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                You do not need it but its reccomended for more balanced braking.

I still doubt that integra valve because they have the same sized brakes in the front as a CB but their rear rotors are smaller than ours. Why wouldn't we use a prop valve from a car with identical sized brakes like a prelude S?

How could slightly more braking in the rear be dangerous anyways.
                To my knowledge, Honda brake proportioning valves come in two varieties... 30/40, and 40/40. 30/40 provides less clamping force to the rear under hard braking than 40/40 does.

The stock disc/drum setup uses a 30/40. If you want the rear brakes to actually do something, a 40/40 is what you need.

It has nothing to do with the size of the brakes. It's all about the fluid transfer.

(edit: I was wrong, there are more than just those two... but they all function the same way, and it appears the 40/40 will send the most braking force of all of them to the rear.)

Originally posted by Justin123560 View Post
                I was thinking of doing the same thing too
                Keep on whoring, pal. You'll get to a post count of 0 in no time! Most likely, it'll come right after 29.

Comment

I just did the conversion not to long ago. The doner vehicle was a 95ex. For ease drop the trailing arms from the chasis using by removing the 2 bolts. Take everything upper controll arms, lowers, trailing arms, brake hoses and emergency brake cables.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                  MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

So you can use 94-97 rear rotor. Do you need the whole trailing arm or can you just get away with the knuckle? I guess I'm gonnna go to the junk yar and pull it off today and the one from a cb to see the diffrence.
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=171625

Comment

What year integra, or prelude for the prop valve?

Comment

You'll want the prop valve from a DA Integra. I'm not sure if a Prelude valve would work, as it's not one people ever talk about using.

Comment

Nice i believe there was a DA integra like 3 cars down from the SE i found. I will make sure to get it from it if it has the part.

Comment

I'm not sure but just for ease I took the whole trailing arm. I took everythjng. Trailing arms, brake cables, brake hoses, both LCA's and UCA's per side. It was easier than trying to disasemble everything just to get the knuckle. When I got my set up I was fortunate to find a car that had just done a brake job and had powerslot rotors on already. It also happened to be a 1/2 off weekend so everything was $100.
                            Last edited by SanJoCaF22DrAcc; 07-25-2011, 02:14 AM.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                            MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Any 90-01 Integra w/o abs will donate a 4040 valve, that includes DA, DB, and DC. I've never seen a 30/40 valve but most rear drum honda's use 30/30's and the other day @ the jyard I saw a 2525 on a delsol IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                              X