Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Distributor problems, oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distributor problems, oil leak

I recently picked up a CB7, and the ignition coil is burned out and so is the distributor cap. Also, oil leaks from the distributor. I was wondering if i should buy a whole new distributor or just the cap and the ignition coil? and if u suggest just the cap and ignition coil, how to stop the oil leak?

rebuild it. replace the inner seal and the o-ring on the end.
    COUPE K24

Comment

o ok, so buy a new cap and ignition coil and replaces the seals and it will be all good, also do u know the firing order on the cap?

Comment

COUPE K24

Comment

thanks Alot

Comment

Replace O ring. Take off the Dizzy; but before you take off the Dizzy. Mark your timing. Replace Cap/Rotor..
            MY MRT
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Comment

where should i make the marks exactly on the three bolts hold the distributor? and also is it normal for the rotor to have play and not fit snug on the shaft ?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones45 View Post
                where should i make the marks exactly on the three bolts hold the distributor? and also is it normal for the rotor to have play and not fit snug on the shaft ?
                A little play is ok, but excessive is no bueno. You can mark your timing by marking behind the bolts, on the other side of the dizzy.
                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

any ideas on how the cap got like that?
                  http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

thanks dj, and im not to sure the guy i bought it from said it might have happened from the oil getting in the cap or the ignition coil going bad

Comment

thanks dj, and im not to sure the guy i bought it from said it might have happened from the oil getting in the cap or the ignition coil going bad
                      Np!

Comment

Does anybody no where i can get the internal seals for the distributor, my local auto parts stores does not have them, any web sites i can order them off mabey?

Comment

Does anybody no where i can get the internal seals for the distributor, my local auto parts stores does not have them, any web sites i can order them off mabey?
                          Best to buy from Honda dealer.

That way the part will fit and it will last.

Besides its only an "O" ring and will not cost hundreds or even tens of dollars. So your savings is really only very minor but it will give you peace of mind that it will fit and last.

Goodluck with it. I may need to do this also when I find some time and not get lazy when the free time does presents itself.
                          Last edited by JDMDriver; 01-14-2012, 07:42 AM.
                          Rides:

Accord
                          92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                          96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                          88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                          95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                          91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
                            Best to buy from Honda dealer.

That way the part will fit and it will last.

Besides it only an "O" ring and will does cost hundreds or even tens of dollars. So your savings is really only very minor but it will give you peace of mind that it will fit and last.

Goodluck with it. I may need to do this also when I find some time and not get lazy when the free time does presents itself.
                            what? OP, the inner dizzy seal is NOT available from Honda, it's not a serviceable part. you have to order from an aftermarket company. i don't know off hand of a site that carries it, but you can try www.rockauto.com

Comment

Here's a DIY thread on this exact topic: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...utor+leak+seal

Here's 1 website that hopefully should still have the seal, taken from DIY (read entire thread, there's quite afew links)
                              http://market.autopartsfair.com/hond..._65416nok.html

At least for the F series sohc, I take a small straight egde + scratch awl and scribe a line across the top ear of the dist to the rocker ass'y on the head. That's prob. the most accurate, scribing the washers works too, but the washers can move slightly around the bolts.
                              Last edited by Granite CB7; 01-14-2012, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X