Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 Accord Fuel Consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 Accord Fuel Consumption

Hey all

My 91 is getting poor gas milage. It gets about 500 miles or 250 miles per half tank on the interstate and 150 miles per half tank in normal day to day driving.

Lately it is getting 100 miles per half tank and i cant figure why?
    Like i said in my post about seafoam i cleaned the throtle body, replaced the airfilter, plugs, oil, etc

My next step is to change the fuel filter which i think has no been changed in over 330K miles (my car has 330k miles on it)

Do you have any suggestions on what i can do to improve gas mileage?

Keep in mind that the way i drive the tach never goes over 3500 RPM

Thanks in advance
    visit vgruk

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
    Hey all

My 91 is getting poor gas milage. It gets about 500 miles or 250 miles per half tank on the interstate and 150 miles per half tank in normal day to day driving.
    This is fucking excellent. You can't hope for better. It won't happen.

What changed between this and your 100 miles half tank?
    Was it temperature?
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I only get 300 any time I fill my tank up. You get 500. Looks like your odds are better than mine

||91 Accord EX|| All of my images are hosted courtesy of imageShack.com
      Door-Sensor fix (DIY)||Interfacing Arduino to Power locks
      RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.
      "The greatest advantage of speaking the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said." - unknown
      "That's the funny thing about parts that break... they're never broken until they are!" -deevergote

Comment

I wish people would actually calculate their fuel economy instead of us making poor guesses.

The half tank line on the gauge means nothing. The gauge just isn't that accurate.

I would aim for 320 miles at "half" tank on my sedan... If I got that I knew I was getting about 32/33 mpg. ( I was doing a lot of commuting and was tracking my fuel consumption.) ( EX sedan, 5spd, f22a6)

My wagon regularly gets 250-280 per "half" tank. Ive been getting 25-28mpg. (EX wagon, 5spd, f22a6)

Your 250 "half" tank may be okay! Or, it may not be.

If you give us some actual fuel economy numbers we can help you out more.

What are the specs on your car? That also is a contributing factor....
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
          This is fucking excellent. You can't hope for better. It won't happen.

What changed between this and your 100 miles half tank?
          Was it temperature?
          Yea I would say it got colder. I can't se how that would make a diffrence?
          visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
            I wish people would actually calculate their fuel economy instead of us making poor guesses.

The half tank line on the gauge means nothing. The gauge just isn't that accurate.

I would aim for 320 miles at "half" tank on my sedan... If I got that I knew I was getting about 32/33 mpg. ( I was doing a lot of commuting and was tracking my fuel consumption.) ( EX sedan, 5spd, f22a6)

My wagon regularly gets 250-280 per "half" tank. Ive been getting 25-28mpg. (EX wagon, 5spd, f22a6)

Your 250 "half" tank may be okay! Or, it may not be.

If you give us some actual fuel economy numbers we can help you out

What are the specs on your car? That also is a contributing factor....
            Its a stock 91 accord ex

I'm not sure what u mean by fuel numbers as all I have to go on is the half tank mark.

Like I was saying the 250 miles is on the interstate which I drive on rarely. I just wanted to put that in there to help you all out

I can tell you that the miles at the half tank mark are pretty consistant wether on the interstate or in the city

Cheers
            visit vgruk

Comment

What I am looking for is miles per gallon. How many miles you drove divided by how many gallons you put in the tank. The lower the tank is the more accurate of a number you will get.

Reset your trip odometer when you fill the gas tank. Drive until the light comes on (or however low you feel comfortable with) and then fill the tank with gas. Divide the number of miles on your trip odometer with the exact amount of gas you filled up with. That is how you calculate fuel economy.

I have a book in my car with every single gas fill up, including trip miles, gallons put in tank upon fill up, price per gallon of gas, and total cost to fill the tank, odometer reading and date. I also write down every oil change and repair in that book including date and odometer reading.
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Working...
              X