Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1993 Wagon wont stay running..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1993 Wagon wont stay running..

ok guys, so i managed to some how fry half my interior harness, heres a pic so you know what im talking about..

all those wires by the passenger door fried together caused by the interior light cables melting to my roof.. anyway, i tapped all the wires, destroyed my car in the process, and now my car wont stay running more than 10 seconds and then it boggs out like its running out of gas.. my question is, could my fuel pump itself short out from the cables touching? i changed ECU, Main Relay, and the amp looking box on the drivers side of the engine bay (dont know the name of it, think its the resister box) and it still does not want to stay running. im really starting to lose faith in fixing it so any positive suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated. Thankyou
    Originally posted by deevergote
    wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

If I were you I would find a car in the junkyard that's optioned identically to yours and the same year model if possible. I would take every single wiring harness from that car that you could possibly need and just install all new stuff. That would be much easier than trying to repair harnesses and find out what's not working. What you have there is a mess.

Did you have anything running when it melted?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      If I were you I would find a car in the junkyard that's optioned identically to yours and the same year model if possible. I would take every single wiring harness from that car that you could possibly need and just install all new stuff. That would be much easier than trying to repair harnesses and find out what's not working. What you have there is a mess.

theres no LX 5spd wagons in my local junkyards. thats exactly what i was going to do but couldnt find any. and no nothing was running thankfully, the fuses popped and protected everything.
      wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

Comment

holy crappp....

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post

this wouldve been my first option as well

that toattly sucks... did you try ur local craigslist...or dealership? it would suck to let ur wagon go...

Comment

I checked Craigslist.. not the dealer. Can't afford that. Not working right now. I changed the fuel pump today and still nothing. Fuel pump wasn't getting power so I wired it to turn on with the key and it still dosnt want to start.. idk wtf it is but I'm seriously about to quick. And it sucks because I love my wagon.

Comment

Working...
          X