Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a4 header question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a4 header question.

I know that the f22a4 has a stock header, but this is my question. I just bought a 2.5" catback exhaust from ebay, and i was thinking about buying a header and high flow cat. But do you think i would be better off just getting a high flow cat instead of the headers? I've read several different places that headers off of ebay have the same flow as the f22a4 headers, but are just more flashy. Any answers are appreciated, thanks!

also, would it be better to get a hollow test pipe? or a high flow? i dont have to worry about emissions where i live.

Comment

You may not have to worry about emissions testing but that doesn't mean you should ignore the emissions of your vehicle.

If you don't already have an F22A4 header and that's all the performance you care to have then I would forgo it for the generic header. It's not a great header, but it's every bit as good as the F22A4 header is, it will be new and it won't be rusted to hell and back.

Use a catalytic converter. There's no performance to be had by eliminating it. It also makes you sound like a douche driving down the road.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        If you don't already have an F22A4 header and that's all the performance you care to have then I would forgo it for the generic header. It's not a great header, but it's every bit as good as the F22A4 header is, it will be new and it won't be rusted to hell and back.
        My only argument here is weld quality. I had an eBay header, Megan Racing to be exact and found a crack in the weld joint for the head flange and number 3 cylinder exhaust pipe. This was after about a year of use. If you can pick up an A4 header at the local junkyard then I would go that route, it will be cheaper and its a Honda part, it just may not look so pretty. Exhaust wrap could fix that though.

Perhaps I should start pulling A4 headers off as I see them on my junkyard trips.

Comment

i have a stock f22a4 engine, so it already has the header. I was just wondering if an ebay header would be any better than the stock.

Comment

performance wise they're about the same

Comment

The ebay part will probably be a hair better... but it's unlikely that you'll feel it. The stock piece will be the better built, by far.

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
                My only argument here is weld quality. I had an eBay header, Megan Racing to be exact and found a crack in the weld joint for the head flange and number 3 cylinder exhaust pipe. This was after about a year of use. If you can pick up an A4 header at the local junkyard then I would go that route, it will be cheaper and its a Honda part, it just may not look so pretty. Exhaust wrap could fix that though.

Perhaps I should start pulling A4 headers off as I see them on my junkyard trips.
                The only bad part is that the flex pipes tend to rot away. 22 years of being exposed to extreme heat and the elements takes a toll! A new quality OEM flex pipe (the whole "downpipe" part) isn't all that cheap, I don't believe.

Comment

I have ebay header and it sucks. Metal is thin, gaskets are poor quality and so on.. I do have f22a7 (similar to f22a4), but i don't have any OEM downpipe. Would it be a lot more restrictive if I make custom downpipe to my f22a7 header with 2.5" flange than my ebay header?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    The only bad part is that the flex pipes tend to rot away. 22 years of being exposed to extreme heat and the elements takes a toll! A new quality OEM flex pipe (the whole "downpipe" part) isn't all that cheap, I don't believe.
                    I'm not sure about oem, but i had a muffler shop replace my flex pipe and it only ran me about $70

Comment

I had an eBay header and the dang thing keeps warping where it meets the downpipe.. It just kept leaking lol

Click it.... You know you wanna
                      Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

Keep in mind that ebay doesn't make anything... so one "ebay" header can be totally different from another.

Adding a larger collector to a cheap header would likely produce better results than adding a larger collector to the stock manifold.

Comment

A guy offered me a set of DC headers with a down pipe for 50. He just said I will have to extend my o2 sensor to make them work. Is this a good deal? Is extending the o2 sensor hard? Thanks. Also, why am I unable to start new threads?

Comment

It's not a "set". Just one header.

Extending the o2 sensor is not a good idea. You can alter the resistance, and the result will be bad.

Comment

DC isn't the best out there but that is a hell of a deal if you need to replace your existing header. Also it is bad to splice on the O2 sensor line as it will change the resistance values, I suggest running a new wire with no breaks if you need to extend that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X