Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bypassing my iac.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bypassing my iac.

is it safe to just bypass the aic valve if my idle is fluctuating? and if its isnt how can i fix it? ive tried cleaning it, messing with the fast iac. HELP!!! :{(

Got any more info? I would not bypass it personally.

Comment

why do you want to bypass it?

bypassing it would actually give you a fluctuating idle, in most cases, probably worse than what you have now. bypassing it is mostly for racecars because they need colder air. you need ambient air.

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
      Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
      Originally posted by bmxicansd
      so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

When you say your idle is fluctuating, when is it fluctuating? At initial start up when the car is cold or after the car has warmed up? And is it a constant up and down revving, or is the idle sitting at one rpm at one time and then another rpm another time?

Comment

Have you looked into other symptoms of a fluctuating idle such as air in the coolant?
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

My IACV,FITV,Air boost are all bypassed no fluctuation problems. But if the IACV is bad (Can check the plunger with a 12v source) then it will still fluctuate. The only other way i know of is to have it eliminated through a tuneable ecu.

Also air in the coolant system will cause fluctuation issues, so try bleeding the system.
            Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 10-23-2012, 08:37 PM.

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Quickest way would be a business card/thick card stock inbetween it and the plenum. It can be remotely located aswell as long as it's hooked up to the harness and w/ a block plate on the plenum, coolant isn't necessary either. Bump up the idle abit to compensate for extra loads like heat, a/c and lights.

Comment

It's reving up from 1000 to about 1500 and going up and down. But sometimes it does it and sometimes it does really bad. If I let it warm up it doesn't do It. But when I get off the highway it's does it about 5 or 6 times and the idels around 1000. I've try cleaning bothe the aicv and fiacv and the I tried turning the top of the fiacv and cleaning it. Should I just replace them? Or try bleeding it?

Comment

Why are you repeating yourself and asking for someone to repeat what they just suggested to you? Why don't you just go try it?
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I recommend searching the diy section for key words = idle fix. Search in "titles only" to narrow it down, you'll find what you need.

If after the above you still have an erratic idle, replace your FITV with OEM ONLY from www.hondapartsdeals.com. After this, adjust your base timing and base idle (search for the threads). If you have any issues after all of the above come back to us with questions.
                    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

^ thanks i found a thread and it was very helpful.

Comment

had a cb7 come in and it had bouncing idle which sucks because i can't check ignition timing and it just needed to be adjusted...

plus high idle is harsh on an automatic transmission when engaging the gears
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                        X