Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

AAARGH Lower Control Arms, not sure what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAARGH Lower Control Arms, not sure what to do

Grrr...I'm at a bit of a crossroads.

First of all, please let me know if I am in any way post whoring. I have been posting and replying in this forum a lot in the last five days, and I in no way am trying to get to 30 posts just for the heck of it. It's just that I have a craving for more knowledge about my car and my build and I know you guys possess that knowledge. Big thank yous to all of you for all the help so far!

Originally, I wanted to replace the lower control arms in the front and rear with upgraded aftermarket parts because I wanted more stability (this is a drag car project). But, after searching and researching, I can only find some cheapo lower rear control arm upgrades on Ebay and the Blackworks Racing lower rear control arms, which have a nice polished billet construction.

I thought that was interesting, so I searched on this forum, and can't find much on here, except that tie rods should be replaced OEM.

For a dedicated drag car project, should I go OEM on the lower control arms, or something fancy with Polyurethane bushings?

Thanks for all the help these past few days.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

I want to go form & function rear LCA's just for the bling factor, I think dancan has them you could pm him and ask him what he thinks about them.

Fronts I would use oem.

Bushings if it's track go poly.
    MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
    1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Check Rockauto. It's where I got mine at. Just make sure you don't cheap out, get name brand like Moog, Raybestos, Mevotech.

They're not much out there for our CBs as far as control arms go. You could try and get Energy Suspension bushings, although you will need a shop press.
      Long time listener, first time caller.
      1993 Accord LX- Sold (05/2007)
      1992 Accord EX- Totalled (06/2014)
      1996 Accord Wagon EX (Current ride/daily)
      1995 Accord Wagon EX (Beater)

http://www.hondasociety.com/board/sh...d.php?t=156176

Comment

Wow, Rockauto is awesome! I really like the layout. I'll probably shop there for OEM parts from now on. I think I'm going to go with MOOG OEM front lower CAs to match the MOOG upper CAs that I'm getting.
        The blackworks racing rear lower CAs have polyurethane bushings, and are $170. Seems like a high price and durable build, but I'll still PM dancan before I decide. Thanks.

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Usually going with the selections that have hearts next to them is a good way to go. Usually they are Moog, Raybestos, etc, but there is more.
          Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Oh, good to know. Has anyone ever heard of a company called Doorman? Their lower rear control arms are the only ones with hearts next to them on this site.
            Last edited by af_1132; 02-14-2014, 06:12 AM.

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Dorman is pretty good. Haven't heard anything bad about them.

Also google "rockauto discount code". There's always a 5% code floating around.
              Long time listener, first time caller.
              1993 Accord LX- Sold (05/2007)
              1992 Accord EX- Totalled (06/2014)
              1996 Accord Wagon EX (Current ride/daily)
              1995 Accord Wagon EX (Beater)

http://www.hondasociety.com/board/sh...d.php?t=156176

Comment

Good deal. I appreciate that info.

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

The wagon rear lca are much sturdier than the coupe/sedan

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Is that so? That makes sense in a way, because there is more weight over the rear wheels on the wagons. Well, even more reason for me to go with something stronger than sedan OEM for the lower rears. You're not saying that the wagon LCAs fit as a replacement, are you?

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                      Is that so? That makes sense in a way, because there is more weight over the rear wheels on the wagons. Well, even more reason for me to go with something stronger than sedan OEM for the lower rears. You're not saying that the wagon LCAs fit as a replacement, are you?
                      I believe they do but dont quote me
                      visit vgruk

Comment

I know Jarrett is always posting about how the CB9 rear lower control + toe arms are spaced 30mm further apart than the CB7. This is due to the rear x-member and knuckle. As far as arm for arm dimensions, not really sure. But be aware there are some differences. They are def. different though b/c CB7 rear lower arms are stamped steel while CB9's are cast iron and beefy.
                        Last edited by Granite CB7; 02-16-2014, 11:40 AM.

Comment

FatFourCustoms makes CB rear LCAs. They use high quality, aircraft grade materials for all of their products. Their LCAs also come with new, high quality poly bushings. In my opinion, these are far superior to F&F or BWR LCAs, which were only designed for the bling factor. FFC LCAs have been track tested on many cars.

I have multiple FFC products on my car, and couldn't be happier with them.

http://www.fatfourcustoms.com/newest...3_honda_accord

Comment

Originally posted by Corweena View Post
                            FatFourCustoms makes CB rear LCAs. They use high quality, aircraft grade materials for all of their products. Their LCAs also come with new, high quality poly bushings. In my opinion, these are far superior to F&F or BWR LCAs, which were only designed for the bling factor. FFC LCAs have been track tested on many cars.

I have multiple FFC products on my car, and couldn't be happier with them.
                            I checked them out, and I do like them. Thank you for sharing that site with me. Man, I wish they made a 3 point strut bar for the CB7 similar to the one on the site for the 5th gen Accord.

Black Works Racing is really turning out to be a knock off then! Looks like I am going to stay away.

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Working...
                            X