Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 se key wont come out of ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 se key wont come out of ignition

As the title states its a 93 but the key wont come out, i have two keys for it one is in the ignition and i cant get it out, i have no idea, could it possibly be because the used to be an auto and is now a manual?

Did the key work before? Just to be sure, the wheel isn't cranked to one side so the that the steering lock is binding it up? The automatics do have an interlock so the key can't be removed unless the transmission is in park (and maybe neutral).
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      Did the key work before? Just to be sure, the wheel isn't cranked to one side so the that the steering lock is binding it up? The automatics do have an interlock so the key can't be removed unless the transmission is in park (and maybe neutral).

Yeah, it used to come out then one day it just wouldnt

Comment

PB Blaster will help get it out. Then I'd clean it out, and lube with graphite.

Comment

Graphite is a bad idea, use white lithium spray, the graphite will clump up inside the lock cylinder all around the springs and tumblers and impede movement of them. Also if you have lots of keys and junk on your key rings swinging from your ignition as you are driving down the road, then you are causing damage to your lock cylinder, the tumblers are brass and wear easily against the key. Get a carabiner and key all of your key sets seperate.
          Last edited by Size9zombie; 02-04-2017, 12:37 PM.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

What shape are your keys in?

Comment

The fact that you said it use to be an auto makes me think that the switch that makes the car think it's in neutral may have gone out and it may think it's in drive which I don't think the car will let you take the key out. But I'm not very familiar with automatics.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Size9zombie View Post
                I was gonna ask the same thing...don't the old tumblers hate super worn keys? My friend @ the honda parts dept used to always mention that brand new keys straight from honda are the way to go. Since it used to be an auto, is the car still wired to be in park? Did that connection become broken in some way so the car is no longer in park?

Comment

The shift interlock is a cable driven type lock from the gnition to the shifter assembly, if the car was converted to a manual them the interlock cable was most likely removed from the ignition, femoved the 2 piece plastic shrould around the steering column, 3 phillips head screws underneath, and look to see if there is a cable running into the bottom of the ignition switch

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...&postcount=104

On the conversion for the CB's the GRN/WHT + BLK sets it to park, so I was wondering if that was still connected properly.

Comment

good link, yes check that first

Comment

Keys are in good shape not the greatest but not too worn

Comment

The shift interlock is a cable driven type lock from the gnition to the shifter assembly, if the car was converted to a manual them the interlock cable was most likely removed from the ignition, femoved the 2 piece plastic shrould around the steering column, 3 phillips head screws underneath, and look to see if there is a cable running into the bottom of the ignition switch
                          Ill bring it to the shop and start with this, much appreciated ill update when i find out if anyone is really interested lol

Comment

^Did you check my link? Is the car still in PARK?

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                              ^Did you check my link? Is the car still in PARK?
                              Ive had a few things come up starter went out on the catalina which is my daily driver and a few other things so im broke and havent had much time so ill be checking in the next day or so, i dont know if its in park or whatever, it was swapped to manual so ill have to check that out, im kinda toying with getting a clean cb9 wagon and swapping my turbo motor into a wagon. But idk yet

Comment

Working...
                              X