Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cb7 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cb7 swap

New here, and questions are as such. I am switching my 1993 motor into a donor 1991 accord. my 93 accord was in an accident and the motor only had 160,000 miles on it. I have removed the automatic transmission and motor out of the donor vehicle. Replaced light bezel,hood,fenders,knuckles, brakes,rotors bumper,lamps, and grill. I am ready to install my 93 accord motor with standard transmission into the donor vehicle. I've changed everything, besides the clutch , and clutch cylinder, which I'm getting to now. All this to ask about the wiring. The only thing I see different coming from the fuse panel under the hood is one of the main plugs that attach to the fuse panel. The one in the donor automatic 91 accord is a rectangle plug. The one in my 93 manual accord is a unique plug. Does somebody have any suggestions or wiring diagram or can help me through this. Thanks for your time looking forward to responses. Cheers

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=56085

Regarding the auto to manual swap, do exactly what cp_mike says and you'll be good to go. I would urge that you do not swap out chassis harnesses, really nothing major is gained by doing so. Plus you can use old AT wiring for the reverse lights instead of feeding wires thru the firewall. That's what I did and it came out great. Bare minimum I would plan on a conversion mount from either ESP or Innovative. If you are short on time go with Innovative. Or you can weld the manual mount ears to your 91 if you can do so. If the 93 is a dx/lx def keep the small compact rear mount and t-bracket. With the engine swap, always use the original engine harness with the replacement motor and use your original 91 distributor. 90/91s are internal coil while 92/93s are external coil, so follow along with what your 91 came with.

Comment

Does a 91 accord lx wagon also have an internal coil inside the distributor?

Comment

Originally posted by 7beast View Post
        Does a 91 accord lx wagon also have an internal coil inside the distributor?
        Yes, it did from the factory.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

With the engine swap, always use the original engine harness with the replacement motor and use your original 91 distributor. 90/91s are internal coil while 92/93s are external coil, so follow along with what your 91 came with.

I have the whole package pulled, transmission, engine, harness..... Nothing left behind. The dizzy however I'm curios is it because the ecm sees it different? I wonder if that why there is one plug difference in the engine harness in the 93. Does any one have wiring harness diagram?

Comment

Originally posted by Samsoncb7s View Post
            I have the whole package pulled, transmission, engine, harness..... Nothing left behind. The dizzy however I'm curios is it because the ecm sees it different? I wonder if that why there is one plug difference in the engine harness in the 93. Does any one have wiring harness diagram?
            I'm not sure if the ecu actually can tell what type of dizzy is downstream from it but I have always read for the sake of simplicity to use the original engine harness on pretty much whatever engine you're tossing in there. If you were doing an F20B, H22A or H23A bluetop your 91 engine harness would run it and you'd simply add a few extra wires straight from the ecu or utilize abandoned AT wiring. I believe you may be correct though, the whole internal/external thing may be why there's a 1 plug difference. I thought about converting my 91 to OEM external coil but I wasn't comfortable with possibly modding the chassis harness to match a 92/93 harness, so I left it alone. The risk was not worth the reward at that point. So all in all, setup the 93 motor as if it's a 91, and ultimately it'll be like having another 91 motor on board.

Comment

Help!!!

Alright, I want to thank everyone for the help, first off!!

I have run into a snag, I have located a brass coloured box in the centre of the car under the dash, yellow wire coverings, what is it and do I transfer this as well? I'm stuck I'm trying to get this done I have done everything else, Transmission mount, transmission wires, petals...... I am sorry this is just my only ride at the time and thought that it would be a bit less complicated. was I wrong!!!

Comment

Srs!!!!!

Forgive me!! Its for the airbags!!! No need right?

Comment

Yes, that would be for the airbag. Don't mess with it.

As said, use the original harness from your car. That will help minimize issues associated with a rather involved harness swap. Use the distributor for a 90-91, and it will all plug right up.
                  Don't make things more complicated than they need to be. It will make troubleshooting much more difficult in the event of a problem.
                  Since you didn't specify which engine you're swapping in, I'll say this... just in case it's an F22A6. If it is, you'll need to add wiring for the IAB system. That's the only custom wiring job you should have to do. It's easier to add wires than it is to swap the entire harness.

Comment

Wiring

It just a f20a4 thank you for the heads up. Do you know the only real difference is one plug in the under the hood wire harness, is all I've noticed. the one from the 91 is six wires, rectangle red with a boot, and the 93 has a triangular gray plug five wires. Wondering what that one runs to

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X