Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Soggy clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soggy clutch

Hey all, I just got my cb7 for a decent price but she has a few issues.

First of which I want to address is my clutch.
    I've dealt with clutch hydraulic issues in my Mazda so I'm kinda used to it however the issues with my Honda are different.

So basically I was told when I got it that it grinds in third but I've also noticed that sometimes I have to pump the clutch once to start it and I grind in other gears occasionally. With coinciding pressure loss it seems.

I haven't noticed any loss in fluid which is why I'm on here. I suspect a slave cylinder or maybe a line? But I also understand that I can adjust the pedal too?

Either way I could use some opinions

Either your master or slave cylinder is likely crapping out on you. It's best to replace both at once. Bleeding can be a pain in the ass. Don't mess with the pedal adjustment unless it's absolutely necessary.

Comment

Yeah replaced both on my first 93 cb7 bought for 500 bucks cause they didn't want to fix the clutch. Did it my self so easy enough. Go ahead replace both. It's a good idea so any future probs you'll know it ain't the slave or master. I remember adjusting my pedals for some reason... can't remember why but probably to get extra play out the pedal.... but idk maybe best not to mess with them like d said....

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Either your master or slave cylinder is likely crapping out on you. It's best to replace both at once. Bleeding can be a pain in the ass. Don't mess with the pedal adjustment unless it's absolutely necessary.
        That's what I figured, not too bad assuming I can get good parts.
        Where do you buy yours? I got mine from autozone last time and they were all leakier than the ones I had.

Would you bench bleed? Or just swap the parts and the lines then bleed?

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7Legend2017 View Post
          Yeah replaced both on my first 93 cb7 bought for 500 bucks cause they didn't want to fix the clutch. Did it my self so easy enough. Go ahead replace both. It's a good idea so any future probs you'll know it ain't the slave or master. I remember adjusting my pedals for some reason... can't remember why but probably to get extra play out the pedal.... but idk maybe best not to mess with them like d said....
          I paid $600 for mine and it still drives great other than the whole clutch thing obviously.

Comment

Haha ight ight good buy. Got mine up and running perfect for probably 600 bucks or less so neeeeahhh lmao. I went to oriellies for my stuff so maybe there. Might sell the same tho... but as far as bench bleeding guess that good to check if it's not leaking. But ones you place on the bleed valve right there on the slave so it's easy enough to bleed...

Comment

I used autozone stuff once, had issues bleeding, and replaced it with oem parts. Still had issues bleeding. I had to pry on the fork at the space cylinder to get all the air out. Bench bleeding helps, but you may still have to wrestle with it a bit. Sometimes people get lucky and it's easy. Wasn't the case for me.

Comment

Deeve was tackling that bleeding job for a while. Good times
                I would highly recommend bench bleeding. It'll cut the time down by a lot.
                I would also recommend making friends with someone who has a power bleeder. Then you can flush your brakes while you're at it.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=208948

Do check for leaking @ the clutch pedal area of firewall and also @ the slave cylinder under the rubber accordion boot. If everything's dry, you're good for the moment Then try bleeding out any air. Pedal adjustment sure couldn't hurt, I can elaborate more but make sure there is free play. So do not have the clutch instantly being to disengage when the pedal goes down like a 1/16". Shoot for 1/4-1/2" of free play.

Comment

I have a Duralast MC & Slave from Autozone (probably for about 10,000 miles & still good).

I was rushing the first time I put in a new Master Cylinder & did not tighten the bleeder screw on the side. It kept sucking in air but did not know where. Saw that the MC was leaking (after I pumped the clutch a million times with no result). Had to pull the whole MC out just to tighten the bleeder screw. Dumb mistake on my part for not checking. Sorry, just random thoughts from my experience.
                    Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                    X