Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new alternator but concerned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new alternator but concerned

Hey Guys,

Last weekend i drove from massachusetts back home to nyc after spending a few days up there as a family vacation. On the way down my battery light came on and i managed to get to an autozone where they checked my alternator and battery and read that my alternator wasnt charging my battery and my battery was at like 15% left. I grabbed a new battery since it was almost 4 years old and it still said alternator wasnt charging. I decided to chance it and drove another 1hr and half roughly 70miles home and my cb7 died right infront of house. i changed the alternator with a reman denso one and drove it around for a bit and took it to autozone to check everything out. the battery was fully charged and it passed the diode test but failed regulator.

could the failed regulator be due to me having leds with a canbus and also having a double din touchscreen head unit? or did i end up getting a faulty alternator? or is it a simple thing as me having to drive around for a while for the alternator to sort of break in if that makes sense?

Ya, alternator simply works or it does not. Nothing to do with your accessories and you could turn them off to test too. No warm-up period, so ya you got a bad alternator. Someone else may be able to chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Ya, alternator simply works or it does not. Nothing to do with your accessories and you could turn them off to test too. No warm-up period, so ya you got a bad alternator. Someone else may be able to chime in.
      it did fully charge the battery and my dash is brighter then before and no battery lights. should i get it tested again just to make sure cause first autozone i went to it failed both the regulator and the diode test but when i drove it for another 30min and took to different autozone it charged the battery fully and passed diode.

Comment

If the regulator is failed high, that could why your lights look brighter than ever; you don't want to start frying other components. If it fails the regulator test, they owe you another alternator.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 389,000 - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        07 Element EX AWD 193,000 - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210623
        07 Element EX AWD AT (2) 89,000 - MRT: www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=211920

LOTS of CB7 parts - ENTIRE COLLECTION - FREE
        Come and get it. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583 or watch for banner ad at upper right

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
          If the regulator is failed high, that could why your lights look brighter than ever; you don't want to start frying other components. If it fails the regulator test, they owe you another alternator.
          well when i mean brighter i mean like when i first got the car and put the led bulbs in and how the dash originally looked. im gonna take it to advanced auto in a few days and have them do the test again since i got the reman denso alternator from them the dude will probably order me another one to swap it out with.

Comment

I drove over to advance auto to get the alternator tested. with out lights or dash on its running at 13.94v so it seems fine to me.

Comment

Working...
            X