Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

199,000 miles of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

199,000 miles of questions

Kay, my 91 Ex has been mostly a streetlight racer since 155,000 and I was wondering how much hp has been lost in all those years and miles? Do you think it is time for a rebuild? I mean it's doing great with the mods I have on it. I just wanted to know what you think. Oh, it had regular oil changes, mostly non-synthetic. But I've only had it since 193,000. Can someone please help me?
    Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

how does it feel? sound?

A little preventative maintenance never hurt anything

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

just normal maintence and tune ups. You may have lost some throttle response and minimal hp, barely noticeable probably. around 250-300 000 miles is when your gonna start thinking about a fresh rebuild, or a new motor.
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Check the compression, clean the IAC valve, clean the intake, change your spark plugs, Ohm test the spark plug wires, check the cap and rotor, adjust valves, timing, and idle.

If you have good compression, good spark, and clean air fuel mixture your engine should be performing as good now as it did 100K miles ago.
        It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

if you changed your oil and kept up with maintenance, very little if any. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

i lost a lot of power to my car which is sad
            im broke as a joke, but once the new motor is in it's all good
            i got some stock honda civic si turboz

Comment

keep up with thye oil and regular maintence and these cars run along time

Comment

As stated above, a tune up can do wonders.

Check plugs, wires, rotor and cap. Replace if they haven't been in the past 50k.

Do a valve adjustment.

Clean the throttle body.

A can of seafoam and an oil change never really hurts.

Check air filter.
                Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

With our honda's all you got to do is change the oil and filter and they will run forever.
                  Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Thanks guys. As for the sound and how it acts, very great. It's very fast. I will get on adjusting everything. You guys think that fuel injector cleaner stuff really works?

I've got new bosh platinum 4 plugs and 9mm wires for it so those are still good, saving for a good cap, so that's good. I really thought it would be a lot worse then it is. Thanks again. you guys might have saved me a few hundred bucks.
                    Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

Comment

i had over 300000 miles on mine before i replaced the engine. and it was still running in perfect condition. i just decided to go f22b dohc.

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

another person from louisville, wtf...im no longer alone. anyway goodluck with keeping the car in good shape. dont be like me and ignore any oil leaks and make sure you oil levels are right. changing filters and everything stated above will keep these cars running forever.

My Members Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

yeah, hondas leak oil like...bad...lol
                          mine leaks from the rear seal..pretty badly, but i just check it every week or so and just add oil as needed...hey, if it burns up, its H22 time...
                          but for real..i want to keep mine running for a long time...maybe even a rebuild and a turbo on a 295k motor...haha...

Comment

Its good to know these hondas can last up to 300K. I plan on keeping mine for a while.

Comment

i have 363,000 on my motor and it still runs awesome i took it to the track a lil while back and was able to put down a 16.1 with 2 people and a trunk full of stuff so u should be all good
                              visit www.fourgasm-motorsports.com
                              For sale-Brand new stock f22a clutch and also have stock flywheel pm for details or prices

Comment

Working...
                              X