Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

still drinking PS fluid like heck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still drinking PS fluid like heck

i still can't find the leak. there isn't anything visible.

any ideas? and exactly what do i have to replace?
    hahahahah

search harder.

My ride

Comment

Any fluid spray under the hood? Belts or any other parts wet?
      90' Honda Accord LX Sedan
      Everytime I feel blue, I remember to breath again.

Comment

Look for leaks around the hoses/steering rack.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I've heard of grease from ripped CV boots beeing caught by some part of the frame or a beam, so there was no appearant loss, but feeling around in places that couldn't be seen reveiled were everything was going.

Is there anywere inside the rack that it could be going? Like the outer seals (not sure what they're actually called)? Any place were it could fill up, but not come out? Put a huge peice of clean cardbaord under it overnight, check it in the morning. Have someone run the car and steer it from stop to stop (maybe with the wheels jacked off the ground bit).
          Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

leak

is it really serious
            i LOVE jdM

Comment

Take this time to unhook it and get rid of it. That way no more leak and you will free up a pony or two.
              No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

my PS leaks like a mother. I see it on the ground, but haven't found the leak. Keep in mind I'm kinda lazy, plus I had to bottles of PS fluid laying around so I fill it up once a week. trust me, you have a leak somewhere
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

check your inner tie rods

f there is a leak it could be contained by the boots.

worth a look
                  インテリア Coupe

HighwayStar - /super highway/stunt driving/transport service/fast delivery/
                  NightOwl - Nocturnal posting master
                  2.0LPlus Crew - Member # 1.5
                  Anti-Tree Mafia - stop hitting trees/to young to die
                  FG Civic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Specter

worth a look
                    I don't know much about the steering system, but I thought there was a place it could go, but still be contained. That's the area I was thinking of.
                    Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

What type of power steering fluid are you using? If the answer is not Honda, then you'll be replacing at LEAST your pump because the internal seals are not designed for any other fluid except Honda fluid(or other stuff made for Honda power steering pumps). Even though DJspeedy's comment was a little rice, it may be something to think about due to the potential costs of getting everything fixed the right way. But if you're one of those people who can't live without it then good luck.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yeah, I hate the fact you can only use genuine honda fluid. Every other PS fluid says no hondas.
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Specter

worth a look
                          Thats exactly what happened to me, I was always running low on ps fluid and recently I replaced the tie-rods, well when I opened the boot to pack grease ps fluid came gushing out everywhere! If your car leaking ps fluid on the ground you likely have the same problem as myself.
                          My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

I honestly don't see any leaks dripping or whatever. I dont know much about steering system but I'm trying to trace it the best I can.

I use OEM blue cap HONDA GENUINE PS fluid and I top off every once in a while. It's not bad, but it dips below the line about every 3 weeks or so.
                            hahahahah

Comment

try this ... jack up the front of the car, start it up (be very careful when doing things like this) make sure its in nuetral or park. have a friend turn the wheel slowly from side to side while you watch from the side of the car (do not crawl under the car while its running) if you see power steering fluid dripping then you have found your leak turn off the car and follow the path to where the fluid was coming from it is either going to be powersteering lines going in the gear box which is covered by a shield, inner tie rod ends, or your power steering pump. the reason you need the car running when doing checks like these is because of the pressure from the pump that might not always be there when the car isnt running.

Comment

Working...
                              X