Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Twin DSM turbo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twin DSM turbo...

I pondered about a twin dsm turbo setup...any thoughts?
    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

I dont think our engines have enough room depending on application. And i dunno why when you can gain the same power if not more with a single. You might be able to gain more torque with the twin setup? I dunno why dont you try it and see how it goes.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      I dont think our engines have enough room depending on application. And i dunno why when you can gain the same power if not more with a single. You might be able to gain more torque with the twin setup? I dunno why dont you try it and see how it goes.
      I want DD around town power, not that highway queen power. so I figured that the dsm turbo(14b) spool full boost on the f22a motor by 2700rpm, dies at 5k. so maybe I can cut cost some and get a good low end torque, 14b's ca be had for very cheap, and easily rebuilt. Plus I'm kinda bored and want to fab a mani...
      My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

like i told you before...your only spooling the turbos with 2 cylinders instead of 4, your spool time will not be increased...

stop talking about it and go make the manifold. once you have that everything else is pretty much the same deal as a single turbo

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Mount a 14b where a turbo would normally go and then mount a 16g further down the exhaust, that way you have the 14b making boost down low and the 16g making boost up high. Or just make your own version of the STS turbo and mount a bigger turbo at the rear of the car for boost up high.
          Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
          registration is free

Comment

A bigger turbo would be more efficent. If you want fast spool, get a t25...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
              like i told you before...your only spooling the turbos with 2 cylinders instead of 4, your spool time will not be increased...
              Am I reading this right....
              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                When most people run a twin turbo manifold theres a split in the middle and half spool one turbo and the other half spools the other. So in a sense your spool time would decrease a little due to less exhaust volume. Now if you could mount the turbos on the engine so that one turbo is behind the other i.e. one turbo spools the other turbo then you wouldn't lose much if any spool time with the smaller turbo and one the big turbo spools up you still have good top end. Sequential turbo set up similar to the 2jz-gte Supra motor.
                Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                  Spool time would decrease, and for something like that, I'd rather use t25s. But really, I think it's a waste of time
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                    Spool time would decrease, and for something like that, I'd rather use t25s. But really, I think it's a waste of time
                    I figured if aything it would increase, but I think it would be a waste of time to try as well.....
                    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

It's a pretty simple concept. Read it some more. It's just math. Take 4 people and put them into 1 room and have them do a certain job and it will take less time for them to do that job than it would taking 4 people and putting them into 2 rooms(2 per room) and having them do that same job in each room.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                        stop talking about it and go make the manifold
                        why waste your breathe if you don't ever implement what your ideas ...sounds like another all talk rant
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                        X