Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 or f22turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 or f22turbo

Hi guys, kinda new here.
    I've actually been reading posts and such for about 3 months now and really LOVE this site; I see some really clean cb7's and am working on making mine just as clean.
    Anyhoo, on to the heart of the subject.
    I have a 92 lx 5spd coupe w 88Kmi (old lady special)
    I replaced the old plugs with NGK's but no other engine mods, just regular maintenance (Runs PREFECLTY on 91 octane) ..love my accord
    I have added a one peice CAI tipped with a (true) K&N, 4-2-1 header, 2.5" exhaust w/ high flow cat and resonator with a Borla Muffler sporting dual tips (keep EX theme to go with my EX rims) Front/rear upper strut tower bars as well as lower rear. (I know dont do much... yet...)

I am wondering if I sould either swap the H22 or just turbo the F22 auto...could be fun..turbo auto 4 dr...kinda sleeper eh?
    If I do the H22 I'd more consider the 5spd but labor doing a swap would far exceed the turbo installation. (unless there are some of you mechanics in CO)

Which do you guys think could be more rewarding/dependable (i dont wanna get a shit H22)
    I love the feel of a turbo not to mention the blow off; even @ a safe 7 psi should be nice right?
    Would I HAVE to build the internals?? or would just injectors and fuel rail be enough...maybe even pump...dont know if id NEED a fpr or chipped ecu....

I know a good bit about cars b/c my previous car was a d15 Sol swapped to a cr-vtec b20...fun stuff; and I have also built 3 mkIV supras (TT and TT>T)
    so ya can use acronyms and such but I just dont know what mods are unnecessary for low PSI turbo apps (ran MKIV with 30psi...)

Ok, so basically...h22 or Blown f22

Thanks guys
    Peace
    --
    "overspecialize and you breed in weakness, it's
    slow death... "

motoko kusanagi

Well...if you turbo your F22 and keep the auto transmission, you're probably going to blow it up doing that. 91accordexR33 had something like 187 whp on an auto before the tranny let go. There's definitely a limit of how much power you can put down.

You can definitely get an H22 and keep your auto, as the JDM H22 had an auto option, which was unavailable in the states. The F22 auto will also work, but I believe the TCM won't allow the engine to shift at the redline (someone correct me on this).

So I think if you want something with any power in it, your best bet would be to swap to manual, which has been done by a couple of members on this site. Then its more or less which one you want to tackle. Obviously boost is going to be a lot trickier to setup, and the chance of blowing up or blowing something in the motor is always present. Some members haven't had any issues with 8 psi (Accord R33), but other members have pushed the limits and blown stuff up. You're going to have to change out the injectors, and run a chipped ECU for the setup.

The H22 allows stock reliability with more power and a better base than the F22 as far as a NA application. However, the H22 is not a boost motor and the internals are weak for boost.

Comment

it depends on what you want. turbo f22 will be less reliable (not saying it can't be a daily driver) and the h22 with have vtec and rev higher. i went with h22 because i pride myself in running n/a and 8k sounds sooooo sexy to me.

if you want fast power, f22. if you want slightly more reliability and vtec h22.

NOTE: having either installed you need to do research on shops in your area. too many places anymore are full of sh!t and won't swap or install correctly so watch yourself, unless you plan to make this a weekend project....
      Last edited by EuroSpec; 04-09-2006, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
        The H22 allows stock reliability with more power and a better base than the F22 as far as a NA application. However, the H22 is not a boost motor and the internals are weak for boost.
        high compression motors hate forced induction but true, h22's are some of honda's most forgiving engines. they will take a pretty heavy beating on before they start to give in...

Comment

engine swap coming...

Well, I guess that settles it... H22 is the way for me to go (by how I drive and amount of work I like to do (NONE)

Are there any reputable mechanics that anyone knows of in CO??
          Or should I just buy the engine myself and take it to someone. Ive done 3 honda swaps myself but all civics with lil engines (compared to H giants) and dont have time or another vehicle to drive in the down time... is it possible for a mechanic to do in a weekend??
          (time to get a few good writeups on this...ill search but if any of you have the Uber guide to H22 swap let me know.)

Thanks again guys, SUPER FAST REPLIES!!!! LOVE IT!!!
          --
          "overspecialize and you breed in weakness, it's
          slow death... "

motoko kusanagi

Comment

save money buy the right parts all that fun stuff and the h22 will be amazing and right off if you are planning on these mods i would look into a chipped p28 and as i said it may cost more but go for something fun such as the h22a7 and depending on the mechanic and if all the parts are there when needed it is very possible to do the swap in a weekend as it is basicaly a drop in swap

Comment

Originally posted by Chance
              save money buy the right parts all that fun stuff and the h22 will be amazing and right off if you are planning on these mods i would look into a chipped p28 and as i said it may cost more but go for something fun such as the h22a7 and depending on the mechanic and if all the parts are there when needed it is very possible to do the swap in a weekend as it is basicaly a drop in swap
              unless the guy swapping it is a greedy asian.

p28 chipped is true though. listen to the man, he knows honda.

Comment

bahahahha eurospec got his nuts owned by the greedy asians atleast i fixed that

Comment

Sorry I stumbled onto this thread a bit late, but definitely a good choice to go with the h22. I was using 75 shot in my f22 but nothing feels like the h22 once vtec kicks in. I don't know CO that well but my cousin got screwed by a shop up there. The shop installed his h22 but took some of his parts and replaced it with crappy parts instead, including his ecu. Well good luck though.

Comment

vtec - all the lag, none of the turbo

I believe that's how it goes. h22 gets a thumbs down, sorry.
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

depends how much you can get the h22 for...i got lucky and might be picking one up for 1k
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

it all really depends on if u want boost or not or if u plan on building an h22 for boost. F22B is better for turbo since low compression and low rev. for natural aspirated u should do the H22 for the high revs and high compression

Comment

im a lil biased so i cant answer the question

all i can say...GO 5SPD!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq
                          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

will a header fit both the F22 and the H22? are the exhaust ports and the bolt pattern the same?

Comment

No
                              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X