Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

how to remove C/C P/S?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to remove C/C P/S?

I never use Cruise Control..since removin reduce weight..i want to discard c/c but in haynes dont show that..anylink out there ?? btw if theres link to remove P/S let me know
    thnx

MY 1n2 CB7

For C/C just unplug and unbolt it (you do know what it looks like correct?) and I'd prob. just leave the cable alone and tuck it somewhere in the bay, you may not want to cut it

For the P/S, you can 1st take the belt off and see how it is, and then you could unbolt the pump and bracket, and loop the high pressure feed line and the return together w/o modification. That'd the simplest way and you could put it back whenever.

Dan

Comment

Dont forget to plug up the vacuum for the C/C. Also the wire leads all the way to the accelerator and it just pops off. Turn the plastic thing and unbolt the 2 10 millimieter screws and disconnect the plug/vacuum hose and pull out. Basically he covered the PS.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ohh damn i though it was hard..thnx brothers..where is the cruise control anyway??
        Last edited by Accordlx; 04-19-2006, 12:24 AM.

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

People actually disconnect/throw away Cruise control and power steering?!?!?!

WTH?....I pay xtra to HAVE these features on a car!! Maybe I'm just old now?

'91 Honda Accord EX
          5-speed manual Tranny
          Stock

Comment

i dont get it either?
            is the weight reduction asociated with removing the cruise control actuator that significant of a gain to throw away a nice feature? run your car at the track before and after and see if you gain. i bet not. i bet you got a sub in the trunk too!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
            cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

Originally posted by cb9tunerguy
              i dont get it either?
              is the weight reduction asociated with removing the cruise control actuator that significant of a gain to throw away a nice feature? run your car at the track before and after and see if you gain. i bet not. i bet you got a sub in the trunk too!
              I got an H22...the cruise control is basically useless in my car so i took it out. As for the PS im going to be taking that out after i find a place to help me make a coupler to loop the high and low side. Im taking out PS cuz its puttin a hump in my hood and its slowly starting to rust which is pissin me off.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

you dont have to just leave the cable in the engine bay tucked somewhere.... if you go on the floor in your car on the driver's side there's a cable attatched to your gas pedal for the cruise control you can just disconnect it then you can pull the cable through the fire wall from the engine compartment and simply unbolt and unplug the c/c.... then you can always put it back in later if you want (nothing is damaged this way)
                Collin

Comment

the only reason i ever got rid of my c/c is because it wasn't working in the first place not to mention i put on an aftermarket steering wheel.... otherwise i definately would have kept it.
                  Collin

Comment

Working...
                  X