Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 CB7 Track Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 CB7 Track Times

Hey all finally went to the strip here in NM in the WONDERFULLY HIGH altitude, now bear in mind that cars here run about a second slower then they would in a nice sea level area(what i was told by officials and other locals)..anyways I ran a 15.5 at 90 spinning all through 1st, just for reference a cobalt ss with a good launch ran a 15.5 at a slower speed and an srt4 ran a 14.8...oh an eclipse gst's ran a 16.5... mwahahah.. anyways just letting you guys know let me know what you guys think.
    oh yeah.. i ran it on steelies
    But I'm still payin, so she still a ho. Why don't i just give her the money I was gonna spend on dinner, and that ho can get some groceries

if you are right on the 1 second correction, then that is a respectable time..get it down to about 15 seconds and it'd be pretty darn good

Comment

That's nice. I was only able to pull off a 15.0 in WI with my h22 Accord.

Comment

That does sound to be correct, if the srt4 is heavily modified. I saw a couple cobalts run at the track here at about sea level and they ran 14'4s.
        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

yeah, you should be a little faster like a 15 flat to maybe 15.3 if our car is pretty much stock except the motor and basic bolt-ons. What was your 60ft time?

My Accord History:
          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

hmmmmm at those speeds that actually sounds about right. In my buddy's maxima I ran a 15.0 at 92 mph and then a 14.8 at 93 mph at sea level. When my prelude had a h23 and no working tach, it ran a 15.9 at 90 mph, hitting the rev limiter, short shifting and spinning all the way thru first and second. I'm still puzzled at how it ran 90 mph and only did a 15.9.

anyhow good runs, with traction you should be able to cut at least a half a second off your times.
            Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
            registration is free

Comment

With good 60ft times you can get it down to a 15 flat. Try staging towards the back of the box and then go at the next to last light. If you do it right, you'll cross the start line with some speed & momentum so you can get low 2 sec. or less 60ft and a higher finnishing speed. That should get you close to a 15 flat.

My Accord History:
              91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

The track here is finally open tonight, so I'll be able to post some numbers later on. Not expecting fantastic numbers since I'll be on heavy 17s... but this will be the first time my car goes down the strip with it's new motor. Very excited.

Comment

good luck at the strip.. let's see, my best 60 ft was 2.309, i ran the 15.5 launching at 3k an still spinnin em(well..the one tire) the other times i ran where between 15.7 an 15.9 and that was me experimenting with clutch dragging, but dropping it at anything above 3k is nice tire smoking fun... well hell even then it smokes em.. my friend went with me in his b16 crx and his damn y1 tranny.. it's pretty quick but i can pull him slowly inch by inch, oh yeah right now have an f22 tranny out of an old cb7, would the shorter gears from an H tranny make it noticably quicker? one last thing.. besides the srt-4's, very few street imports, and drag cars.. we where the quickest imports.. MWAHAHAHA.. and some damn 3000gtVr4(there was an ion turbo..a newer accord turbo..swapped hondas)
                  CB7 POWA!
                  But I'm still payin, so she still a ho. Why don't i just give her the money I was gonna spend on dinner, and that ho can get some groceries

Comment

I've experiance the same times down the track with both the f22 tranny and the h22 tranny because with the f22 tranny you can leave it in 3rd while the h22 tranny needs a shift to 4th by the end of the quarter. The h22 tranny feels way more torquey but out of the two I would pick the f22 tranny with an aftermarket lsd. I've found it to get way better gas mileage and is just as quick as the h22 tranny even a highway run where speeds get to over 120.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

that's good, I always thought the H tranny would be decently faster but if it's not Im not gonna worry too much. That reminds me, i have a turbo for it in my room but i'm hellbent on making it N/A with ITB's.. I think ITB's on 4 bangers sound nut bustingly sick, anyways whats the highest you can rev an H? I plan on getting the whole head and all, an probably some type-s pistons, but I want like a 9500-10500 rpm... cause im evil like that...and then I wanna take it out an waste all with an old shit tan cb7 that sounds like a damn racecar

Comment

ITB do sound nasty on a 4 banger especially a AE86 Trueno. heres one on a h22 accord ITB h22 On the stock bottom end and a built head 9k isn't out of the question with a n/a setup.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

ITBs on h22s...All I can think of is 2point6
                          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

um... it's probably a noob question but what's 2point6

Comment

lol, it's a member. look him at and look at his car, it's sick. He's also part of Collective Racing, there developing parts for the cb7
                              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X