Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

11000rpms???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11000rpms???

ok before i get flamed i finally talked to the guy that had(beat) my H22 cb7.. he told me, HIS WORDS, not mine, that i have a jdm civic ecu thats modded and the rev limiter kicks in at 11... now.. the only reason i thought about it was cause he's crazy enough to take it up there but i called bs. Is it possible with jus an ecu? i figured the motor would blow around 9 but he says hes actually raced people to 11.. a cobra to be exact, he said he won but now im VERY intrigued to how far i can take the motor without damaging it... any opinions?
    But I'm still payin, so she still a ho. Why don't i just give her the money I was gonna spend on dinner, and that ho can get some groceries

oh yeah one more thing, the 3rd cyl, lobe on my cams is worn down(thus the tapping), does this happen from normal usage?
    But I'm still payin, so she still a ho. Why don't i just give her the money I was gonna spend on dinner, and that ho can get some groceries

Comment

I call BS

Comment

u probably got a chip out ecu that revs to 11 grand but those ecu r made for worked up heads that can take the beating I.E(valve springs and retainers)
        USDM

Comment

dude...thats Bull shit..im serious you would need so many parts including aftermarket full valve train/also bottom end..rods etc.....
          92 accord dx....traded
          97 accord ex....traded
          93 civic si ....stolen
          96 tercel ....sold
          97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
          97 civic 4door b16 sold
          04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

Comment

thats exactly what i thought... damn... would be nice if he built up the head and just "forgot" to mention it to me

Comment

even with a built head 11k is pushing it...unless you drive a CB1000RR or something

the load on your motor grows exponentially with RPM, so while the change from 2k-3k may not be that different, the change from 8500-9000 is huge

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

I say 80% BS.My bro has a B16 from a 2000 JDM civic si,his top end is like completly bilt up with rods,retainers,fuel,and everything and he is pushing it at 8 grand.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
                  I say 80% BS.My bro has a B16 from a 2000 JDM civic si,his top end is like completly bilt up with rods,retainers,fuel,and everything and he is pushing it at 8 grand.

More like 100% BS. And I am not sure who this guy is and if he has any relation to you or driving your car. But if you do rev up to 11k on your h22, then a messed up cam is the last of your worries. I dont even like taking mine above 7k just because it just doesnt feel good for the poor engine.

Comment

well i just take it to 7500 which im pretty sure is the redline for the h's but the motor runs fine an all just the cam is worn and the timing belt is a little loose, but thats it, i just wanted to make sure cause i baby my cars unless im racing so i like to know where i can take it

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
                      wouldn a b16 with all that be able to push around 9k?

Comment

The B16 will run 8 grand all day long, stock. A built streetable one will do 9K with relative ease.

The stock H22 bottom end seems to be good until about 8.5-9K, and I think 9 would be severely pushing it, and I don't think I would be comfortable with anything over 8.

The crank and bearings will handle those revs all day long, but your cast pistons and rods will not.

Let me assure you (from a destroyed H22 I saw a week ago, due to a mis-shift). It ain't gonna be pretty. The piston never left the block, yet it was no where to be found. The rod snapped just above the big end, and the valves, valve seats, combustion chamber and ports were trashed. Only one let go, and we don't know how high it revved exactly, but it probably wasn't much higher than 10 or 11K.

The block might have been salvageable, the head was not.

100% BS on a stock motor.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

so with a fully built valve train and itb's, how high can you rev the H? whats the highest you guys have seen?

Comment

Sounds like the guy you were racing's been watching a little too much Initial D...
                            93 EXR
                            In the works ^.^

Todo:
                            Blower Unit replacement
                            Climate Control Knob replacement
                            Deck install
                            SRI install
                            New Brake Pads
                            Rotor regrind
                            Wheel polishing
                            New struts (?)
                            New springs