Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rebuilding Bottom End?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilding Bottom End?

Hey,

I basically paid people to work on every aspect of my car. So when I got my H22 in, I said I wanted to go faster. My friends told me that I should "Rebuild the bottom end" and boost the Fuck out of it.

What does "Rebuild the bottom end" mean? New rods/pistons/sleeve it?

I have no idea ,
    -Lam

Originally posted by TeamST_racing
    New rods/pistons/sleeve it?
    you pretty much got it...

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
      you pretty much got it...
      LOL I got that from them...I just need like a break down. I dont know what it means really.

Im guessing you have to replace the Pistons ( I know what they look like )
      I dont know what Rods are (beleive me, I dont)
      And Sleeves I beleive are something that goes where the pistons go...

I think I saw Eagle Pistons for $800 or something like that.

Yes, Im a noob,
      -Lam
      Thanks for the help

Comment

omg. please search.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

"building" your bottom end usually involves (like you said) replacing the crank, rods and pistons with high performance products.

Aftermarket pistons are usually made of forged material which requires your cylinder walls to be sleeved because forged pistons will eat up the stock cylinder walls. There's more detail to this but I don't know everything off the top of my head.

Rods are what connects your pistons to the crank.

Here's
          how car engines work

This link should teach you the basics on how motors work.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
            omg. please search.
            It's a noob forum, they don't have to search.

Built bottom end consists of the things you said, pistons/rods are made out of forged metal for additional strength so they can take the abuse of nitrous/turbo/high hp allmotor setups. Where the piston is, all the metal surrounding the piston is your sleeves, if you have a h22, you have to resleeve for new pistons(exception mahle gold series pistons). Rods connect the pistons to the crank, theres a couple different types, I beam H beam and such. Search around and see what companies offer and get an idea of what your getting into
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
              Search around and see what companies offer and get an idea of what your getting into
              better yet, take an auto tech class or buy a book on engine basics and read it 5 times.
              there will be a quiz in 2 weeks
              [LEMNISCATE]

Comment

hey its an H22 just boost the fuck out of it anyway, you might as well wear the rings in first right?
                turboed cb7 baby

Comment

Originally posted by Matty B
                  hey its an H22 just boost the fuck out of it anyway, you might as well wear the rings in first right?
                  wow..thats fantastic advice

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                    wow..thats fantastic advice
                    x2...lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Matty B
                      This must be the noob forum, I'm lost again. Thank the Mods that we have the Noob forum to protect us all from Noobish Noobsense like this Noobs Noobsensicle replies to a decent question.

Yes, rebuilding the bottom end for H22 involves lowering the comp.

- Zipcreature
                      Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature

Yes, rebuilding the bottom end for H22 involves lowering the comp.

- Zipcreature
                        how so?? you can up the compression, keep it the same, or lower it. depends on your goals for the car.

Comment

Originally posted by eludedU95
                          how so?? you can up the compression, keep it the same, or lower it. depends on your goals for the car.
                          this is very true. you do NOT have to lower compression when building any bottom end.

it is, however, recommended by many because it is harder to tune it properly.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

You're not planning to rebuild it yourself are you?
                            Last edited by DilutedImage; 05-03-2006, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X