Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

SMIC and piping questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMIC and piping questions

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has actually used a DSM SMIC intercooler n mounted in the side of the bumper were a cold air intake would go? Ive herd that its pretty much sideways n if mounted where the battery is, it collects heat. Well wouldnt mounting it at the side of the bumper be a lot better as it wont b collecting barely ne heat n if u made a lil hole at the bottom of the bumper or cutting out the part where the fog lights go so at least some air will pass through be better even if its sideways? Also would using the Maremont or Marwil Prod. exhaust flex pipings be okay to use as intercooler piping or would they be a big problem if i used them? Please, I need some help as i have a DSM smic n am thinking of going cheap n using those exhast pipes. or if some one has an intercooler n piping for cheap, how much? If u wanna E-mail me back My Email is Skylinegtr103@yahoo.com you u post a message back to me on here. Thanks a lot
    Justin Peralta

check renr member's rides. He's the only one that comes to mind. And skinnye1 or something like that
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

yeah but skinnye had his in the engine bay .. and thats what this guy is trying to avoid.. id put it nowhere... i wouldnt use it unless necc...

also.. if u do manage to put it in the bumper... suggestion??? buy a cheap 50" 8 or 10" fan.. to pull air from the front of the car into the intercooler... has to be worth something..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

on a 14b dsm setup, i don't think a front mount is worth it, more just aesthetics, but this is my opinion, i'd like to get the intake temp differences from a 14b with a smic and a fmic. Alex Ex made the same numbers i did with a smic
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

okay well im prolly gonna use the SMIC but how bout using the Maremont or Marwil Prod. exhaust flex pipings used as intercooler piping or would they be a big problem if i used them?
          Justin Peralta

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
            on a 14b dsm setup, i don't think a front mount is worth it, more just aesthetics, but this is my opinion, i'd like to get the intake temp differences from a 14b with a smic and a fmic. Alex Ex made the same numbers i did with a smic

are u talking power wise??

if so..

1. ur f22b 14b setup..

2. he's f20a 14b setup..

slight difference.. so if he made the same numbers u did.. lol.. makes me wonder about the internal setup of the f20a.. whats the compression on it anyway?? dont remember offf the top of my head

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

just get a fmic

Comment

Try out the SMIC. I would think you would have to direct flow to it whether by fans or ducting to keep Intake temps down but go for it. As for the tubing im not sure you can try using those silicone elbows but they run for quite a bit.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Cool! Thanks guys for helping me out a lil on decision making.
                  Justin Peralta

Comment

Working...
                  X