Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92 accord F22 with H22 trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 accord F22 with H22 trans

So tomorrow morning I’ll be putting in this h22 trans from a 98 prelude into my 92 accord lx “both 5 speed” my questions and concerns are will I be able to use some parts like the speed sensor and other things from my F22 trans into my h22? I’m just worried all the little things from this used h22 might not be there and if my F22 has what I need can it be used again in the h series ? Sorry I’m hella new and need my car running again.. thank you guys

edit I’ve never done a tranny swap but I’m gonna try with a friend .. any tips would be appreciated!

All of that stuff should just work. The trans case and most of the internals are the same. The differences are just the ratios. I did the same thing a while back.

BUT the place where the transmission mounts is different. Luckily there are holes in the case where the accord mounts will go, but they won't have threads. So you will need to tap threads into it. Hopefully you've used a tap and die kit before you try it here.

Since you will be deep in there, this might be a good time to replace that trans mount and the motor or trans mount that is behind the motor. Also, since you'll have the trans out, check the flywheel, replace the clutch, and there are several seals in there that are good to replace but I have forgotten the specifics.
    ==========================
    1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
    1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
    Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
    Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
    M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
    Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Yes I agree with Mike. Since you’ll have the trans out. Go ahead and replace the rear main seal, and the throw out bearing. Will save you time and head ache later. There is a thread on swapping the h trans with the proper tap and die.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I did the same swap a while ago when I was a newbie; they told me it was an Accord transmission when I bought it. Almost had it in before I realized the mount studs didn't line up, but as ukemike indicates, the bosses for the proper location are there. The studs can be moved by torqueing two nuts together on the stud, then using a wrench on the lower one to unthread the stud. You can use the same technique to install the studs in the newly threaded bosses. I didn't realize the gear ratios were different until I started driving it. A lot more fun around town, but de forewarned, at 80 mph, the engine will be turning close to 4,000 rpm. There is also a thread on here about installing the Accord fifth gear to get some highway fuel economy back if you have the time or inclination. Have a floor jack of some kind on hand to support the weight of the transmission.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetw00d View Post
          ... Have a floor jack of some kind on hand to support the weight of the transmission.
          We've had our trans out once for a clutch, once to swap the dead original one for our trick close ratio +LSD unit, and once when we transplanted everything from the bent up original car to our newer chassis. We're probably doing it wrong but every time it was a 2 person job involving a fair amount of squashed fingers, cursing, and wiggling it around to get it to drop out. Not to mention that you get to partially take apart the left front suspension so you can pull out the axle, and fully disassemble the right side for the axle and to give you room. The amount of miscellaneous things I end up disconnecting each time to avoid snags etc is a bit over the top. My favorite tool for all of this: a harbor freight ball joint separator. Best $19 ever.
          ==========================
          1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
          1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
          Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
          Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
          M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
          Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Working...
          X