Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F20A fully synthetic oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20A fully synthetic oil?

This week, I ordered a box of tune-up parts from Autodoc for the recently purchased CB3.

Out of clue about the last oil change, and out of a user's manual for the car, I went to the local scamstore and picked up whatever they recommended for it. Drained the oil and realized they gave me fully synthetic oil.

Is this okay to use in the CB3, or should it be replaced with semi-synthetic?

Thanks

Well of course you drained all the old oil out correct and replaced the filter. Then synthetic oil would be just fine there is still some residual oil which means it won't be a fully synthetic oil when those 2 mixed together but there will be no problem when those 2 mixed together. Just don't fall for the trip of extended oil life and think you don't have to change the oil according to the manufacturer's recommended oil change time. If you look at the inside of these engines how they are Brown looking that is because people do not change the oil in the recommended intervals by the manufacture of the motor and they believed it the engine oil manufacturers recommendation is it good enough. When my engine was rebuilt by Honda of Japan I got scolded for not changing my oil as I was supposed to even though I did do the proper time or mileage there was still some slight Browning marks on the head and of course the Japanese people believe that everything should be perfect so I got scolded for that

Comment

• q4rspwn
      q4rspwn commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the reply

Yes, I'm more the paranoid type, wasting too much on oil changes (quite hard to get perfect results without knowledge, though..). The airbox label says oil should be changed every 10,000 km (6,200 miles), it however only took me 3 months, or about 7,500 km, between first and second change. Oil still looked new, despite a happy right foot and a 3-day April road trip.

According to the shop, however, the recommendation is fully synthetic Castrol Edge 0W30. That should be for "new cars under heavy trim levels". I find this weird, since none of my pre-2000 cars have been recommended to go fully synthetic to begin with. The '87 M102 Benz even had mineral oil as the recommendation...
      Last edited by q4rspwn; 05-04-2021, 12:20 PM.
Working...
X