Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New Clutch not Disengaging. Took back Apart. Nothing looks Wrong??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick,

I dont think its the master either. I know the fork is not bent because I compared it to my old fork and they're exactly the same. I do think the flywheel is the culprit. So I'm tearing it all down for the 4th time and gonna try the stock flywheel..

Raf,

I did swap the rod for the s2k cmc mod.

Comment

Hopefully we found the issue with the flywheel. Especially since the width is different. Do you and Edgar have the same brand flywheel?
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Update: Flywheel was not the issue. Stock one made no difference. Same exact thing again. I was testing on the jackstands. Engine on. I was able to put the trans in gear, disengage/engage the clutch several times. Rotors spinning, working fine.

Then, as soon as I put the wheels on and drop her down on the ground.. Cant get in gear.. I swear this trans is cursed!! Really starting to think there's something wrong with it at this point.. But I don't understand what's stopping it from going in gear just from putting the car on the ground..

The only other thing it could be is the pressure plate, but I think that's just fine.

Comment

Nick,

The flywheel I have is the same brand as Edgar's. Except his came with a pilot bearing and this one came with a pilot bushing.

I would've like to get exactly the same one he got but they didn't have it.

Comment

Are your engine mounts good? Especially the rear?

Comment

Raf,

Yes all the engine and trans mounts are good. I polyfilled them last summer. So they are all good and stiff.

Comment

So I can't stop thinking on this, but is there a chance the axles are binding when you change the angle of the car? Can you leave it on the stands, jack up the lower control arm (simulating it being on the ground? I bet you cannot turn the wheel by hand with the car in neutral? I'm curious of the answer to this...

Comment

Raf,

I dont know why the axles would be binding but it is a possibility and thank you for this idea. I've been thinking of a way I can leave it in gear and drop it on the ground to see what happens but might break something like that. I like your method better haha

Comment

So I jacked the car back up. Goes back into gear. One thing I forgot to mention is, I cannot get in reverse gear even when I'm on jacktands, and all forward gears work good, reverse wont let me in. Engine acts like its taking a load when I'm trying to put it in. My dad thinks this is a big part of the problem and thinks its something with the clutch/pressure plate. We tried putting it in reverse first then starting and it made like a pop/grind noise. Was hoping that freed something up but nahh..

So I tried putting jacks under my control arms, compressing my suspension like if it's on the ground. Of course trans will not go in gear anymore, but my wheels still turn. I did this car off, in neutral and in gear.

Comment

I kinda wanna drop it in first, let the wheels spin, and slowly compress the suspension to see exactly when it stops or what it does, but I feel I may damage something, and might not even get answers haha

Comment

Originally posted by boulky12 View Post
                        I kinda wanna drop it in first, let the wheels spin, and slowly compress the suspension to see exactly when it stops or what it does, but I feel I may damage something, and might not even get answers haha
                        No, don't do this. Can you post some photos of this thing? Also back when you said a shop added material , where did they do that? got a pic ?

Comment

Okay thanks for the heads up. And yes sorry I need to upload some pics. I wish I could upload directly from my phone but you still gotta host on another website and paste the url right? Haven't done it in a long time.

And when I said the machine shop added material. It was for the aftermarket light flywheel. Initially I thought the problem was because the pilot bushing that it came with. I noticed it was a tad bit tighter, smaller than the pilot bushing supplied with the exedy clutch kit. So I wanted to use the exedy one, but when I went to go put it on the lightweight flywheel, it did not fit tight, hole in the flywheel was too big. So I just took it to a machine shop, and they added some material in the hole, so that it fit tight and pressed in. That's all that was

Comment

You can upload pics to here now. & with your phone.

Comment

Some pics of the car in her current state. Still got the jacks under the control arms. And I have a lot of things loose and disconnected cuz I knew I'd probably be taking it all apart again..

​​​​​​​​​​​
                              ​​​​​​​​​​​
                              ​​​​​​​​​​​
                              ​​​​​​​​​​​
                              ​​​​​​​​​​​
                              ​​​​​​​​​​​
                              ​​​​​​​​​​​
                              ​​​​​​​​​​
                              ​​​​​

.These are some pics, not of the last time I had the trans down, cuz I was trying the stock flywheel right now, but same idea I guess

​​​​

​​​​​​

Let me know If I can upload any other specific pictures.

Comment

What haven't you tried that's OEM ? slave cylinder?

IMO, "Another thing we noticed is my fork moves 1 inch" ... that's your problem. You are not getting the travel. Not sure if it's the rod length in the pedal / master cylinder or slave cylinder the wrong part.
                                A wrong master cylinder setting will do this too ; having the pedal adjustment too much one way.

Comment

Working...
                                X