Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New Clutch not Disengaging. Took back Apart. Nothing looks Wrong??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the only things I haven't tried switching, that it could be, is the pressure plate or this trans. Yes I've tried both slaves I have.

Yes I agree. The travel of the fork is a major red flag. I've tried adjusting the cmc rod/clutch pedal many ways. Don't think the slave is wrong part. Old one and new one appear to be exactly same.

Nick noticed in the pics that the teeth on the pressure plate look like they're bent in a little and could be the cause of the issue. I actually noticed this too before Nick mentioned it, when I had the 2 pressure plates side by side, but figured it was normal because the the stage 1 teeth are a lot stiffer than the stock. But they should still be in the same position or that will thrown things off..

So I'm gonna try to find some pics of other exedy stage 1 pressure plates or try calling exedy to verify.

Comment

So good point you have there. Here's two OEM H22 trans pressure plates I have lying around. Teeth should almost be level (although some plates are built different but teeth should be in general area still as release bearing on our trans will always be in the same place).

Comment

Thanks for the pics Raf!

So I'll go ahead and take the trans down again. Get the pressure plate down and take a real good look at it. Put the straight edge on it, compare it to your pics.

I'll let yall know. Thanks guys

Comment

Also too, did you leave the clutch line pressurized? Can we measure how much deflection we get from the slave? (compare cars).

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            Also too, did you leave the clutch line pressurized? Can we measure how much deflection we get from the slave? (compare cars).
            I have not started taking it down yet, but yes I usually leave the clutch fluid line connected to the slave so that it stays pressurized, and just unbolt it, set it to the side.

So you're saying, unbolt the slave, press the clutch pedal all the way, and measure how much the slave rod comes out?

Comment

Originally posted by boulky12 View Post

I have not started taking it down yet, but yes I usually leave the clutch fluid line connected to the slave so that it stays pressurized, and just unbolt it, set it to the side.

So you're saying, unbolt the slave, press the clutch pedal all the way, and measure how much the slave rod comes out?
              Yep, just saying a way to test without putting the trans back on. I wouldn't put the trans back on until you find the problem here. You're missing 1" of travel and just need to find out where ...

Comment

Yes I like that idea. Thanks Raf

Comment

Looking at the things that have been through the troubleshooting process here, trying the setup with known working transmission might warranted. It seems that the issue could lie there and might need some kind of internal repair.
                  http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

SSM Accord,

That is very true. Thanks for your input

Comment

Got the trans back down. Comparing the pressure plates. So the teeth do seem to be in different positions. On the stock one, the teeth stick out past the plate. And on the Exedy one, the teeth sit lower than the plate if that makes sense. I measure from the table to the top of the teeth on both. Bout a 1/4 inch difference.. So what do yall think, does this look like the issue?

Looked up the part numbers on the Exedy pressure plate, to try to verify its for H/F series but not getting any info. Even if it is the wrong one, its been too long since I bought it, so they probably wouldn't help me out anyways. So could I use my stock pressure plate with the stage 1 clutch?

Comment

Ya, think you found your problem and kind of makes sense. Looks like you are 1/8" or more out which explains some things as the forks / pressure plate is not releasing the clutch enough. And I'm guessing that with the car off the ground there's no pressure on the transmission so it will shift into gear with the clutch barely disengaged. Anymore "weight" on the trans and you need 100% clutch disengagement to get it in gear.

I think my spare pressure plate is the same as yours. Mine is OEM to my knowledge. Took some pics for ya. Not sure if you can use OEM with after market clutch, obviously Exedy will say no to that. But why are the forks different is my question......... , gone to do research.

Used a longer piece of metal.

Maybe 1/8" of a gap.

Unit is on a towel which is on the table but you get the idea. 1 1/2" at bottom part of tooth.
                        Last edited by Raf99; 02-28-2021, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I mean... the only way this would work is if you had to buy a specific Exedy release bearing which was 1/8" wider and took up the slack. Maybe that's the case here. Is your release bearing OEM ?

Last edited by Raf99; 02-28-2021, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Yeah I think it is the problem also man. I am measuring i think even little more than 1/8 in difference. Measuring 1.5 in on exedy one. And measuring just under 1.75 in on the stock. Which by the way is not OEM. It is a LUK unit.

The release bearing I'm using is from the exedy clutch kit that I bought.

Comment

So you can check with Exedy to see if they use a specific release bearing for your application. But I doubt this is the case and it simply looks like you have the wrong pressure plate. I'm also thinking technically speaking you could use the OEM pressure plate but not sure of the consequences of this or if things match up. I've never tried. The markings on the pressure plate don't tell you what kind it is?

Man, kudos for going through this hell. I'd be so angry having to rip that trans out over and over....

Comment

Stock pressure plate did not work.. same thing. Guess there is something wrong with this trans. Think I'm gonna throw my stock one back in which sucks ass, but at least I'll be able to use the car, get it out the shop and move on from this nightmare for now. Then I can take my time with the T2T4 and find somebody that can go thru it.

This has been a huge test of my patience but at least I've gained some good experience from it.

Comment

Working...
                                X