Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New Clutch not Disengaging. Took back Apart. Nothing looks Wrong??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If putting the stock pressure plate back on didn't work, I don't see why putting the stock transmission back on would fix the problem unless there was a actual physical larger gap between the pressure plate and clutch fork on the new transmission. That 1" less of travel bothers me though and is probably most definitely not enough travel to engage the clutch. I do know that you said you put the spacer on for the master cylinder though so it should have given it the extra inch you are missing and if you are missing a whole inch i don't see what the 1/8" difference on the pressure plate would matter that much compared too the full inch, but in the meantime if your are putting the old transmission back on i thought that i should mention you probably want to remove the spacer you put on for the new transmission or your clutch might not engage/disengage properly with the stock one.

Comment

Ya, I'm still curious how much the slave pin moves when he pushes the pedal right now.

Comment

Jeremy,

Thanks for replying. Ya know I really would hate to swap the stock trans back in and then I still can't get into gear, and it was the master or something else. I should do more trouble shooting now while I can. Yes I agree the 1 in of travel is still not right so I am actually starting to think this is something with the master and probably gonna go ahead and swap the old master to see if that changes something.

Comment

here's a vid of my fork travel. Does it look like enough?
          https://youtu.be/nfX-E926BUQ

Comment

Raf,

So the slave pin, I measured 2 inches when it was compressed, I pressed the pedal and it moved 1 inch. But the thing looks pretty much maxed out, is it really supposed to move 2 inches?

Comment

Yeah i would definitely try swapping the old master cylinder back on, that fork travel looks like it would barely be enough to maybe reach the pressure plate since the pivot point in the transmission is closer towards the shaft then the slave cylinder, when you move the slave pin out 1" it probably only moves the fork in the transmission MAYBE 3/4" towards the pressure plate. I believe that the old master cylinder gave it the extra inch it needed since you have said you have bled the new one multiple times with no success. Also i would check if the new and old master cylinders are the same size or if they hold different fluid amounts because that might affect it.

Comment

Ya, i think you should figure this out. These could be parts you'll want to use in the future.

Pushed in with my hand.

Pushed out via the pedal.

Probably doesn't move this much with the pressure of the trans on it but probably 1/2" of travel. I didn't move / adjust my clutch at all under the dash and this is my working setup. If you are getting the same travel as I am then the issue is your pressure plate or the release bearing. What's the measurement of your bearing? Mine is 1.11" but I shaved it down for the race clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyLDT View Post
                  Yeah i would definitely try swapping the old master cylinder back on, that fork travel looks like it would barely be enough to maybe reach the pressure plate since the pivot point in the transmission is closer towards the shaft then the slave cylinder, when you move the slave pin out 1" it probably only moves the fork in the transmission MAYBE 3/4" towards the pressure plate. I believe that the old master cylinder gave it the extra inch it needed since you have said you have bled the new one multiple times with no success. Also i would check if the new and old master cylinders are the same size or if they hold different fluid amounts because that might affect it.
                  He is using the same CMC that I am using and I had no issues. they are the same size and fluid amounts are similar. I haven't tried the s2k CMC on an f22 trans, but saying the CMC wouldn't need the spacer for one transmission and not for the other, seems odd to me as it is simply based on the throw of the slave. Since we use the same slave and the transmissions are interchangeable I don't think deleting the spacer is needed for an f22 trans. Though I have read some people got away without using the spacer.

I am curious on the throw out bearing. But at this point, I mean I would put back the old setup and see what happens, then slowly start putting new stuff back on, But that would be a pain in the butt.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Yeah I had just mixed up the purpose of the spacer for extending the slave pushrod length, since it seems that the proper length of it is 3” I would do what Raf99 suggested and measure bearing width

Comment

See throw out bearings issue here
                      https://honda-tech.com/forums/transm...3250001/page2/

Comment

Op, see that page i posted. Which release bearing are you running? Thinking there's a chance you simply have the wrong one.

Comment

I am running the release bearing that came with the exedy clutch kit I bought. I have some pics of both and they do look the same style but I'll go ahead and pull the trans again to take a closer look and measure width. Thanks guys

New release bearing from Stage 1 exedy kit. On T2T4 trans

Old release bearing. unknown brand. On stock F trans

Comment

Ya, I'm not seeing much of a difference there. At this point it's safe to assume you have the wrong pressure plate or release bearing combo. It's the only measurement that's not right so far & the teeth on that plate are indeed too low. Just enough to not have the clutch fully release it seems. One would think if you were 1/8" from release that you could take that up with the pedal / rod adjustment, but seems not.

Have you reached out to Exedy about this yet?

Comment

Damn.. so what can I do?

I have not reached out to Exedy. Figured they wont help me since its been too long since I bought it, but at least they can maybe help me to verify I have the right parts.

Comment

Yep. Reach out to them. Tell them you got the setup from someone and ask if they can help identify if you have the correct part #s. What are the markings/serial # on the parts I see ? (pressure plate)

Comment

Working...
                                X