Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New Clutch not Disengaging. Took back Apart. Nothing looks Wrong??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deevergote
    replied
    My car was down for MONTHS with clutch issues. Brand new clutch, no disengagement. I bled it 5 times, 5 different ways. No dice.
    Eventually, my friend came over and pried at the fork with a long pipe. That did the trick. Clutch worked fine after that.

Leave a comment:

• steelbluesleepR
    replied
    Did you modify the s2000 master cylinder at all? They don't have the same overall length or shaft length, so they need to be modified to work fully (but I can't remember what needs to be modified at the moment). Either swap back to the OEM master cylinder, or look up what needs to be modded on the s2k master.

Leave a comment:

• boulky12
    replied
    Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Ya, have to agree with others. If you're not seeing the 2" fork deflection then it's a hydraulic issue. The 12m may not make a difference but a different throw out bearing would be the answer if major adjustments are needed. IE: For dual clutch in a B series transmission they recommend shaving down the outer ring of the throw out bearing (that contacts the clutch) to get proper clearances.
    Got it. Thank you very much for your input.

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Ya, have to agree with others. If you're not seeing the 2" fork deflection then it's a hydraulic issue. The 12m may not make a difference but a different throw out bearing would be the answer if major adjustments are needed. IE: For dual clutch in a B series transmission they recommend shaving down the outer ring of the throw out bearing (that contacts the clutch) to get proper clearances.

Leave a comment:

• boulky12
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
    I was thinking that as well on the slave, do you have your old slave? I would throw it on do a quick bleed until you have some pedal response and see what happens.
    I do. Damn I shoulda tried this before I took the trans back out haha. Oh well. If we cant figure out anything wrong with the flywheel and pressure plate, I'll try my old slave when I put the trans back up.

Leave a comment:

• boulky12
    replied
    Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
    It does seem like you aren’t getting full disengagement of the clutch. I actually didn’t think to measure the thickness of my stock flywheel versus my lightweight aftermarket one, that could be a factor. I think you could start with the hydraulic system; it seems that the 1 inch disengagement vs Dreamability’s known working car having 2 inch disengagement. The problem could be as simple as a defective slave cylinder.
    Thanks for your input bud. I do have my old slave still, that I know was working good. Def worth a shot next time I have the trans back up. I didn't even think of doing this cuz I put a brand New Exedy slave, but you never know.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    I was thinking that as well on the slave, do you have your old slave? I would throw it on do a quick bleed until you have some pedal response and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    It does seem like you aren’t getting full disengagement of the clutch. I actually didn’t think to measure the thickness of my stock flywheel versus my lightweight aftermarket one, that could be a factor. I think you could start with the hydraulic system; it seems that the 1 inch disengagement vs Dreamability’s known working car having 2 inch disengagement. The problem could be as simple as a defective slave cylinder.

Leave a comment:

• boulky12
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
    Hey Allen,
    Sorry this still isn't working, Have you tried putting the stock flywheel on and seeing if that changes anything? I am running a stock OEM flywheel on mine and 12mm could make a difference.
    Hey Nick!

Thanks for chiming in. I have not put the stock flywheel back on and tried it because I really don't want to keep taking the trans back off haha. But I hear ya. Seems weird that there's that 12mm difference. Definitely have my suspicions about it. But would like to be sure before I put everything back again. And also I really want to take advantage of a lightweight flywheel since I'm not making a whole lot of power and plan to stay All motor for now. I guess I would just use the stock one if I have to.. But this one should work. Says its for F and H series??

Leave a comment:

• Grumpys93
    replied
    Hey Allen,
    Sorry this still isn't working, Have you tried putting the stock flywheel on and seeing if that changes anything? I am running a stock OEM flywheel on mine and 12mm could make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• New Clutch not Disengaging. Took back Apart. Nothing looks Wrong??

Really need some help. Thank you in advance for your time looking at the post.

Car is a 92 coupe EX. H22A. Recently had stock F trans. Car was running and driving all good. Found a T2T4 in the junkyard. Decided to swap it in, along with a New

Exedy Stage 1 Clutch kit and a lighter weight flywheel. Also decided to ditch the factory clutch damper and install a new S2K style Master Cylinder w/ a steel braided

line, down to a New exedy slave cylinder. I followed EricTheCarGuy's video on the clutch install so I am pretty sure I had it all installed correctly. After putting

everything back. Trans will not go in gear with engine on. Will go in all gears fine with engine off. If I put it in gear first, then start it, it just lock in gear and jumps

forward. Clutch is not disengaging. I bled, and bled, and BLED. That can't be the issue. Trans is good because, with the engine on, my buddy (dreamability71) was able

to raise the rpms just right to line the synchros up and put it in all the gears. He also tried to put washers in-between the clutch fork and slave pin to make sure we

were getting the full extension. Didn't work. Tried different clutch pedal adjustments. Another thing we noticed is my fork moves 1 inch, while dreamability71's fork

moves 2 inches, when fully engaged. After trying everything we could. Took it back all apart. Not seeing anything obviously wrong. One thing we figured out that is

suspect is, the aftermarket lighter weight flywheel is about 12 mm thinner than my stock one. Is this Normal for lightweight flywheels?? Other than that, dreamability71

told me we could try bench testing the pressure plate. We're thinking its something with either the flywheel or pressure plate.

This is the flywheel I'm using : FX RACING CLUTCH FLYWHEEL for 97-99 ACURA 2.2CL 2.3CL 90-02 ACCORD F22 F23 | eBay

This is the Clutch kit I'm using : Exedy Stage 1 Racing Clutch Kit for Honda F-Series H-Series F22 F23 H22 H23 | eBay

I'd really appreciate the help. Kinda lost motivation after running into this and she's just been sitting. But it's a good car with a strong H22 and really wanna get it on the road again. Thanks!
    Last edited by boulky12; 01-24-2021, 01:11 PM.
Working...
X