Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Air intake questions on a f22a4 stock tune with exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air intake questions on a f22a4 stock tune with exhaust

Okay i know this is has been talked about often but i just got a few quick questions about a air intake on a f22a4. I am putting a megan racing exhaust and “high flow” magnaflow cat on the car. The f22a already had tube headers on it but to get to the question i have is it a good idea to run a cai or short ram intake on a f22a4 with a stock ecu without a tune? will it make the engine run lean? Is it even worth running a cai or short ram without a tune or should i just stick to the stock intake? I am thinking about putting in the p06 a6 cam and h23a intake man like the one sticky form was talking about. I’m not really looking to go super fast i just want the engine to sound good , feel good and run it’s best without a major overhaul at the moment. if that makes sense. I got more plans for the future of either a n/a build or just a h22a swap. I went to college for auto mechs in 2015 but we did more on obd2 stuff and not much on obd1 since most old cars were already obd2 at that time. So i am still learning about obd1 and it seems that they arn’t quite as picky as obd2 is. Any help is highly appreciated.

You will be fine with running either. The stock ecu will correct the fuel accordingly (no pun intended). I ran a CAI for a while with no issue. Just don’t drive through water. A SRI is fine as well. Honestly neither do a whole lot for the engine except make it sound gnarly. But you have a good plan set it sounds like.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Thank you for the reply! Okay that is nice to have a solid answer on knowing if the ecu can correct itself. I plan on buying a red aem short ram intake then when i get paid Thursday. I worry to much about sucking up water with a cai on a daily. I don’t expect much hp gain at all but i like the deep tone they give. Heck even 1 to 2 hp is nice when the car only has around 130hp at the crank. The sri is 150ish on carid atm so its not like its super pricey. I just wanted to make sure i wasn’t going to run lean. Did a sri on my 2015 civic si before i sold it and it ran like sh%t even with a hondata basemap. I got a weapon r though and wasnt very impressed with it would have been better off getting a different brand but i ended up just putting the stock back on cause i sold it to my mom when i got the 2018 civic si that i recently let go back on lease because i needed a bigger car for the family and got a 2011 rx350 and a 2004 crv for simi off roading cause i live in wyo and good places=rough roads often.

Comment

I ordered a aem sri intake a few days ago. Should be here Friday. I’ll take a picture and post it after i get it on. Got the megan racing exhaust and “high flow” megnaflow cat on already.

Comment

Glad to help, looking forward to the install pictures.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Okay got the aem intake and put it on today! Very nice intake and easy install and fit very well.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the full engine bay
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks good!
                short ram was a good choice. I went with a cold air intake, and I always regretted hacking up my engine bay to fit it.

Comment

Back in the day, I just cut a big hole in the bottom of the air filter box. Got a nice roar out of it, but my wife was driving it some back in those days and didn't like the noise.
                  90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                  08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

The cold air intake worrys me to much anyway. Going through auto mech in high and college i seen a couple cars suck up water and after that i have always went sri instead of cai. Though one was the kid thought it would be “cool” to slam the gas on and go through a large puddle. Needless to say it sucked a ton of water up through the cai that he has and completely messed the engine up. So i guess that was from more of stupidity then the cai itself.

the cutting a large hole in the bottom of the stock air intake isnt a bad idea. Did you remove and plug the the stock resonator at the bottom of the intake pipe going from the airbox to the tb?

Comment

Originally posted by Pro199 View Post
                      the cutting a large hole in the bottom of the stock air intake isnt a bad idea. Did you remove and plug the the stock resonator at the bottom of the intake pipe going from the airbox to the tb?
                      The resonator connections are upstream of the filter box; I just left them alone.
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                      X