Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HELP PLEASE ~ CB7 Hood Not Closing All The Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raf99
    replied
    Originally posted by FrankDerizzy View Post
    Thank so much Raf99 for your suggestion! I shaved off a couple mm's from the latch mounting plate bolt holes and sure enough after reassembling everything I was able to raise it enough. Now my hood closes smoothly like butter!
    NP! Sounds like I should take my own advice here too. I have to give mine a good push.

Leave a comment:

• FrankDerizzy
    replied
    Thank so much Raf99 for your suggestion! I shaved off a couple mm's from the latch mounting plate bolt holes and sure enough after reassembling everything I was able to raise it enough. Now my hood closes smoothly like butter!

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied
    Ya, I'm in the same boat. All you can do is the things you listed already. I think the real culprit here is the hood latch and how far up it will go. If you wanted to you could shave a few mm off the holes to allow it to move up more. I have the hood deflector / headlight shields / and grill which all get in the way of it closing. But mine will close if I give it a good push, haven't had to make holes larger etc.

Leave a comment:

• FrankDerizzy
    started a topic HELP PLEASE ~ CB7 Hood Not Closing All The Way

HELP PLEASE ~ CB7 Hood Not Closing All The Way

Hello all! Not sure if this is the correct spot to post this so forgive me if not. I really need some help from you guys, the hood on my 91 accord has always been hard to close, I have to drop it from a decent height for it to fully close.

Now that I have put a hood bra on the car it doesn't want to close all the way. I have tried fully cleaning the latch system multiple times and lubricating, raising the latch system as far as it will go, and also lowered the rubber hood bumpers as far as they can with no luck. There isn't any rust from what I can see on the latches or cable.

Does anyone have any similar situations or advice for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated so that I can close my hood without slamming it like an animal lol.
Working...
X