Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 CB7 Rear 4-5 Lug conversion Questions. Also places to find *parts*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 CB7 Rear 4-5 Lug conversion Questions. Also places to find *parts*

Good morning everyone. I posted earlier in the beginners image gallery about my CB7. Its currently bone stock and I've been doing a bunch of research on the 4-5 lug swaps on this forum and on youtube. I have all the parts for the front, but I cant find the rear trailing arms and knuckle/hub assembly for the rear. Is there a difference between the LX model trailing arm and the EX? I see that the Knuckle and hub need to be changed because the LX has drums so theres no mounting point for the calipers. Also where do you guys go to find parts for these cars, seeing as they are getting very rare. Ive been checking local junkyards, ebay, and FB Marketplace, but outside of the front parts Ive had zero luck finding anything on the rear end of this car. Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks!

Ya, if you are converting from drums to disc you need the whole kit (trailing arm, knuckle, etc. ) After that you can swap out the knuckle etc to go from 4 lug to 5 lug. Parts... ahh ya. Almost impossible to find, I'm always on the look out on here, ebay, etc.
    Heck, long ago when I did this I had to order the whole setup from a guy in the US (I'm in Canada). Shipping was a lot.

Comment

I believe there is a write up on keeping the drums and going 5 lug, though im not sure why you wouldn't want the upgrade. But yes for rear like Raf said, you need the rear trailing arms from an ex along with their e brake cables. If your near the California area, apparently cb7s are still in abundance in the yards there. But I am finding less and less. I usually see 1 or 2 in a yard about once every 2 months or so. I'm slowly starting to stock pile parts as I know there will come a time where there wont be any.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
        I believe there is a write up on keeping the drums and going 5 lug, though im not sure why you wouldn't want the upgrade. But yes for rear like Raf said, you need the rear trailing arms from an ex along with their e brake cables. If your near the California area, apparently cb7s are still in abundance in the yards there. But I am finding less and less. I usually see 1 or 2 in a yard about once every 2 months or so. I'm slowly starting to stock pile parts as I know there will come a time where there wont be any.
        Yea I remember seeing that post when I was doing resarch but I cant find it anymore. I think It was a CR-V Drum and Prelude hub, but What I noticed was that the CB7 Hub spline hole meets the spindle earlier and sits further in than the prelude hub does. Would I need to get extended studs in that case to make up for the space lost?

Thanks for the reply guys btw, I see so few posts on these forums nowadays so its good to know people have these cars and love them

Comment

There's this place in SoCal that I have been going to for 20 years. It's a auto dismantler and they only deal with Hondas and Acuras. They have everything. Give them a try. It's hard to understand them thru their European accent, but they are nice guys.

Milans Honda Auto Parts
          225 E Harry Bridges Blvd
          Wilmington, CA 90744

(310) 518-5464
          Last edited by Eggman; 09-07-2021, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwl View Post

Yea I remember seeing that post when I was doing resarch but I cant find it anymore. I think It was a CR-V Drum and Prelude hub, but What I noticed was that the CB7 Hub spline hole meets the spindle earlier and sits further in than the prelude hub does. Would I need to get extended studs in that case to make up for the space lost?

Thanks for the reply guys btw, I see so few posts on these forums nowadays so its good to know people have these cars and love them
            If you want to go the rear disk route, you can use the CD 94-97 Accord rear knuckles and brake cables. The lower mount point of the CD knuckle is about an inch longer than the CB, but the lower control arms allow it to fit properly. You do have to also use the CD through bolt as it is also longer than the CB bolt.
            http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

I personally kept my rear drum set up, for now. I used Drums from a 2000 CRV with 2000 Prelude hubs and a axle nut for a 2000 Mazda 626 since its fully threaded. I will use the same hub and nut for the disc set up when i eventually find all the needed parts. I was curious if the CD accord parts would work but haven't found any input since before this above reply.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post

If you want to go the rear disk route, you can use the CD 94-97 Accord rear knuckles and brake cables. The lower mount point of the CD knuckle is about an inch longer than the CB, but the lower control arms allow it to fit properly. You do have to also use the CD through bolt as it is also longer than the CB bolt.
                Wow I havent seen that during my short time browsing here. Would I be able to keep my LX CB trailing arm or would I need to grab the trailing arm from the CD along with the knuckle, cables, and through bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwl View Post

Wow I havent seen that during my short time browsing here. Would I be able to keep my LX CB trailing arm or would I need to grab the trailing arm from the CD along with the knuckle, cables, and through bolt.
                  The trailing arm doesn’t need to be changed.
                  http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Working...
                  X