Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wanting to get some extra power out of my 95 Accord LX 2.2L F22B2 (daily driver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting to get some extra power out of my 95 Accord LX 2.2L F22B2 (daily driver)

As stated in the title, I have a 95 Honda Accord with an F22B2 motor. It's a fun car to drive in, but I am looking to squeeze some extra power into it to make it even more fun. I am not looking to do anything too crazy, this car is my daily driver and is probably going to be a small little build until I get more money down the line to do something serious.

I've been doing research on this forum for the past week because I originally had this plan to do a swap with an F22B DOHC cylinder head onto my motor and have come across several posts on this forum about it. I saw a post about someone with an F22A1 motor trying to get the most power from an out-of-box cylinder head swap and a lot of people were saying that the F22B DOHC was the way to go. I am basically trying to do the same thing as them, but I am having some serious bad luck locating the cylinder head.

I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations for a different cylinder head? Or maybe some swaps on other parts to get some extra horsepower? Maybe a bit of both? I also saw the sticky post about how to make 30+ hp for $500 or less but it was for the F22A1 motor, would it work for my F22B2 motor? Or is there another way?

Sorry it's a bit quiet. That might be because the CB7 accords came with the F22A. So many here can go on at length about F22As but...

My understanding is that the f22B had more power, 150ish from the factory, but was not as easy to upgrade as the f22A. There is a motor sub forum here, searching there would probably yield better info than I have. At the top on the right if you click on the side of the search bar there is an advanced search option, there is a ton of info in this forum if you look.
    ==========================
    1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
    1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
    Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
    Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
    M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
    Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Working...
    X