Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1993 LX Coupe Race Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1993 LX Coupe Race Car

Hello Folks! I'll be documenting my ongoing project turning an LX Coupe into an endurance race car for 24 Hours of Lemons. Although this is my first CB7, I've had a number of similar cars in the past that inspired this build (1995 Accord EX Coupe, 1993 Acura Vigor LS). I have also been racing in 24 Hours of Lemons for a number of years behind the wheel of a 1986 Ford Ranger. Anyhow, more about the car.

1993 Honda Accord LX
    Automatic Transmission
    256,000 Miles

Current projects
    - JDM M2B4 LSD Trans
    - F22A6 Cam
    - P6T ECU
    - H23 intake manifold, F22A6 plenum
    - Legend GS dual piston calipers, Prelude VTEC Rotors
    - 99 CL 3.0 rear subframe, brakes, sway bar
    - 99 CL front ROH conversion & sway bar
    - 15x9 +20 wheels with 225/45r15 tires (fender flares incoming)
    - I/H/E

I found the car on Facebook Marketplace up in Halfmoon Bay, CA (on the coast near San Francisco) for $700. After the price was lowered to $500 I hit him with $250 and picked it up on my way back from Sonoma Raceway. It had a bad trans, moss growing in the paint, some nasty surprises in the trunk, and a mouse in the glovebox. I gave it a quick service in the middle of the pumpkin patch and then drove it 366 miles home. Besides not having 4th or 1st gear 50% of the time, it drove back flawlessly.

​​

Once back in Southern California we got to tearing the car down. My goal is for the car to be 2500lbs including the roll cage. So far we've removed the following.

1. All side and rear glass
    2. Window motors
    3. Power Mirrors
    4. EVERYTHING inside - seats, carpet, panels, headliner.
    5. Gutted door skins
    6. Gutted hood and trunk skins
    7. Power antenna, trunk hinges
    8. AC, Power Steering, Cruise Control

Comment

Nice dude!!
      I’ll be following your journey

Comment

Some more updates. This car was in ROUGH shape when I got it. We have removed everything suspension & brake related from the car. We have also removed the head to have it hot tanked and rebuilt. Trans has been removed and replaced. Shift linkage and third pedal were added as well. I also looked @ the tires that were on it when I drove home and I'm surprised I made it over 300 miles without an issue.

Comment

And now for some fun stuff. I found a late 90s era D shaped steering wheel for SUPER cheap on Facebook marketplace. I've made a ducktail spoiler from old license plates. I'm making a quad tail light bezel in the rear and mounting quad LED headlights up front. We're also going w/ an old game show theme and started making progress on the livery. Its 1/3 musclecar, 1/3 70s gameshow, and 1/3 90s rice rocket. Oh and Honda of America badges because why not.

Comment

Couldn't see any pictures but wow in the middle of how expensive everything is I cannot believe how cheap you go it. That's gonna be awesome to do the endurance race.
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

This is great to see. We now have 3 cbs in the 24 hours of Lemons.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                I've raced against Aventari before and man do they drive the hell out of that thing. I also met UkeMike at this last event. We've got very similar recipes in our builds. There's another CB sedan running around CA Lemons with an F20b or H22 under the hood. I've spoken with them a few times. They seem to have the worst luck with that car though.

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
                  Couldn't see any pictures but wow in the middle of how expensive everything is I cannot believe how cheap you go it. That's gonna be awesome to do the endurance race.
                  It looks pretty good in the pictures (straight and complete) but its REALLY rough when you get into it. I honestly wouldn't say the car was roadworthy when I got it. But hey, I've already made my money back selling parts off of it so I've got no complaints, haha.

Comment

Add more lightness!!! Get that sound deadening material out of there! Dry ice is the trick. It'll also make installing the cage and race seat much easier if the bare metal is there.
                    ==========================
                    1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
                    1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
                    Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
                    Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
                    M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
                    Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                      Who will win the CB7 Cup!
                      M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.

Comment

Did you have the red, yellow, and green car at Thunderhill?
                        What's the story with the trophy? It looks like first in class C.

Comment

I was in the gray Ford Ranger at Thunderhill. We were running a great race until we had a front brake caliper failure that took us off track for over 45 minutes. That could have been the 11 laps we needed to win.

And yeah that’s our class C trophy from Buttonwillow 2021.

and Im working on adding lightness. We’ve removed about as much metal and accessories as we feel comfortable with. The sound deadening is next up.

Comment

I remember you now! Impressive getting a class win at buttonwillow.

That photo of your valve train scares me. Looks like a previous owner went a loooooong time between oil changes. Not sure what I would do. Maybe add some marvel mystery oil after an oil change and the change again after running a tank of gas through it... I'd just be worried that there is enough of that buildup in some small channel deep in there that could cause a problem.

Comment

One of my drivers has access to a machine shop so the head is being hot tanked and the valve train is being refreshed. I’m a bit worried about the oil passages in the block but we’ve cleaned those as best we can. New baffled oil pan and prelude windage tray as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X