Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1993 LX Coupe Race Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by That_Wood_CB7 View Post

- Legend GS dual piston calipers, Prelude VTEC Rotors
    - 99 CL 3.0 rear subframe, brakes, sway bar
    - 99 CL front ROH conversion & sway bar
    - 15x9 +20 wheels with 225/45r15 tires (fender flares incoming)
    I don't think that 15" wheels will fit over the CL brakes, you'll probably need 16" wheels. After we did that conversion we couldn't fit our original steel wheels anymore.
    ==========================
    1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
    1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
    Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
    Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
    M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
    Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Originally posted by ukemike View Post

I don't think that 15" wheels will fit over the CL brakes, you'll probably need 16" wheels. After we did that conversion we couldn't fit our original steel wheels anymore.
      The diameter isn't the issue, its the back spacing and spoke design. We are VERY close with our wheels but we definitely have clearance. We have some random aftermarket 15x7 wheels as spares and they fit as well.

Comment

Getting close to race day. The car is back on the ground. Almost everything except for the original short block and the fuel pump has been replaced, serviced, or removed. We'll be welding in the roll cage next weekend and testing at our local track the weekend after. Its come a long way since its days rotting away in the pumpkin patch.

Oh and showing a little love for our sponsor. The fluids in this car are way too nice for it.

Comment

Well here is one more photo. She's running and back on the ground. Here's how she sits for now.

rebuilt f22a4 head
          - hot tanked
          - valve job
          - all new seals
          Prelude H23 throttle body and intake plenum
          F22A6 lower intake manifold runners
          EGR Delete
          Oil pain - baffled Moroso oil pan
          Windage Tray - 92-95 Honda Prelude
          EBay XTD lightweight flywheel and "stage 2 clutch" (whatever that means)
          JDM Prelude M2B4 LSD Trans (auto to manual swap)
          Prelude Shift lever and linkage
          eBay 4-2-1 stainless steel header
          2.5" exhaust, no cat, glass pack resonator, Thrush Turbo muffler
          eBay short-ish Ram intake with "custom aluminum heat shield"
          NGK plugs & wires
          Gates timing belt & water pump
          Removed balance shaft belt
          Removed AC, power steering, cruise control, heater core

15x9 +20mm wheels
          225/45r15 Hankook RS4 (race tires)

15x7 spare wheels
          205/50r15 Federal RSRR (spare set)

Acura CL 3.0 Front hubs
          Acura CL 3.0 Front Sway Bar
          Acura Legend GS dual Piston Calipers (Hawk HP+ Pads)
          Prelude VTEC 11.1" Rotors (Brembo blanks)
          Acura CL 3.0 Rear Subframe
          Acura CL 3.0 Rear Sway Bar
          Acura CL 3.0 Rear disk brakes (Hawk HP+ Pads)

Fully gutted interior
          Removed all glass except windshield
          Gutted hood & trunk skins
          Gutted door skins

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot more. We're welding in the cage this weekend and we'll be testing @ Buttonwillow on Sept 17th.

Comment

A few more pics from after this weekend. We got the roll cage finished and driver seat in its final place. We fixed oil, coolant, and power steering leaks. I also drove the car for about a mile which is the furthest its gone since I bought it. Mechanically it is all sorted and ready to race. The next to-do items are just safety and radio related.

I'm not crazy about the placement of the front down bars but it was as close to the rocker/A pillar that my welder wanted to do. And the truck is the other LeMons car we have been racing for the past couple years. We'll be running both at the next event.

Comment

Ummmm what? I've never see front roll bars stick out that much. I'm no pro so don't mind me. I imagine the fuse box and a bunch of other things are in the way.... but ...eek

Comment

Well bloody hell. You've done more upgrades to your car since I last logged on, than I've done since 2015.
                ==========================
                1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
                1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
                Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
                Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
                M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
                Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Well here's a few shots from the race back in October. The car did well. Our drivers much less so. Despite breaking a rear wheel and losing the rear bumper cover, it survived. The car now has 3 weekends under its belt and it hasn't skipped a beat. Our next event will be 24 Hours of Lemons at Thunderhill in May. Unfortunately this will be our only race this year. Looking to make some adjustments to the springs and alignment and chase down a few exhaust leaks. Otherwise its a ripper!

Comment

This looks awesome. How hard were the rear lights and is that included in the $500 you get to use per year?
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I still read your posts. Ever think about adding a front dam / splitter to help with the cornering ?

Comment

This does look awesome! I’m a fan of the exhaust set up.
                        http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Is This who I think it s???? Daaaaamn.......... What's up man? I bought the door panels off you! Nice to see you here on the forum. I will definitely be keeping up with your build thread!
                          Cappuccino CB7 Member #4
                          FoDough fo moreho
                          [FuNKiE FrEsH]

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                            This looks awesome. How hard were the rear lights and is that included in the $500 you get to use per year?
                            Cosmetic updates and "safety" don't factor into the budget. Rear lights were just some $20 per pair tractor trailer lights I got off eBay. Not too hard to wire them up, just tapped into the factory light harness to get running lights, brake lights, and backup lights working. I just made mounting panels out of old license plates and riveted it to the sheet metal.

Originally posted by thecrow7841 View Post
                            Is This who I think it s???? Daaaaamn.......... What's up man? I bought the door panels off you! Nice to see you here on the forum. I will definitely be keeping up with your build thread!
                            Good to hear from you! I think you were the first person to grab some of the old parts from me before I really tore into the car. Your coupe was clean AF

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                            I still read your posts. Ever think about adding a front dam / splitter to help with the cornering ?
                            And a front air dam and splitter are in the works. Right now I'm trying to keep the car in the lowest racing class. If they bump us up to the next class I'll do some updates to aero and suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by That_Wood_CB7 View Post
                              Good to hear from you! I think you were the first person to grab some of the old parts from me before I really tore into the car. Your coupe was clean AF
                              Thanks! man. it WAS "clean". it only needed a new paint job and it would have been good to go. Unfortunately, I got rear ended, Hit and Run. I had a Dash cam though
                              so i caught the person. still fighting with the insurance to pay for injury and still driving my cb7. currently looking for a body shop though. really really want to get it fixed.
                              Cappuccino CB7 Member #4
                              FoDough fo moreho
                              [FuNKiE FrEsH]

Comment

Working...
                              X