Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rebuilt/refurb engine and tranny sources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilt/refurb engine and tranny sources

Considering what to do with my 1990 Accord, it leaks like a sive. 189xxx thousand on it. Really like the thing. Anybody buy a refurb from Jegs/ATK, its supposidely a remanufactured long block.
    And while I work like a 5 speed the commute on the hwy with stop and go traffice nixes that, so a newish auto tranny would be nice.
    I know thats a lotta bucks to throw at an old car, but generally its in good shape and fun to drive...

Newish anything is not going to be possible. Especially transmissions. I agree with buying used but those transmissions are old too. No matter where you get it I would simple plan on rebuilding it. (Unlese the seller did it). Auto trans have TCM / capacitor issues. Did the original owner maintain it? Bearings, seals, etc.

A low mileage one and you'll get lucky though. Stuff is rare .... technically antique

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Newish anything is not going to be possible. Especially transmissions. I agree with buying used but those transmissions are old too. No matter where you get it I would simple plan on rebuilding it. (Unlese the seller did it). Auto trans have TCM / capacitor issues. Did the original owner maintain it? Bearings, seals, etc.

A low mileage one and you'll get lucky though. Stuff is rare .... technically antique
      I hear ya... the transmission is the sticky wicket... It ok today, but dunno if its going to go later.... wondering if a later model auto tranny could work out.. .
      For me, the engine is no big deal... I have been wrenching for decades...I am looking to grab one of these...

https://www.jegs.com/i/ATK-Engines/059/525A/10002/-1

Dispite the bucks, a bumper to bumper refurb would be worth it to me. My interior is very good and the only rust spot are in the classic rear bumper to body interface, and I have been keeping up on patching that.
      Last edited by mello dude; 01-28-2023, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Well dam, ya if you get one of those it will run forever! But transmissions are another story as the TCU goes bad in them. Any shop selling a trans I would ask if that was OEM.
        This is like having to re-solder the main relay joints. Car is just old. I've even had my ECU re-soldered and capacitor replacement kit done.

Comment

Here you go. They carry engines too, like the H22/23. ( in case anyone is having trouble finding one or doesn't trust the "used JDM" like me as I have ordered one before that had rust down the cylinder walls.)
          This Honda Accord Remanufactured Automatic Transmission Is Backed By Our Standard 5 Year, 1 Million Mile Warranty - No Other Company Comes Close.
          Last edited by Size9zombie; 02-02-2023, 07:50 PM.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Size9zombie View Post
            Here you go. They carry engines too, like the H22/23. ( in case anyone is having trouble finding one or doesn't trust the "used JDM" like me as I have ordered one before that had rust down the cylinder walls.)
            Hey - that's very interesting.... nishish trany fits my car... hmmmmm....

Have you purchased one? They say a 5 year of million mile warranty, but then there's options to purcharse different warranty levels...

Comment

Warranty ha. Are they going to pay for shipping it back on a pallet....

Comment

Originally posted by mello dude View Post

Hey - that's very interesting.... nishish trany fits my car... hmmmmm....

Have you purchased one? They say a 5 year of million mile warranty, but then there's options to purcharse different warranty levels...
                A shop I worked at used them from time to time, that's how I know about them. Yes they have 3 different warranty options and they also offer a no fault warranty.

Raf, I don't know I'm just a wrench, but you can call them and ask.
                Our Standard Warranty Is 5 Years/1 Million Miles Our standard warranty for remanufactured engines, transmissions, differentials, and transfer cases is for 5 years or 1 million miles, whatever comes first.* We also offer the option to extend our standard warranty to 7 years, or shorten it to 3. No other company comes close. Our Standard…

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                X