Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Auto to 5 speed swap wiring questions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when doing this swap, #1 advice is to pull the motor out to doit, it makes your life easier! Trust me!

Comment

yea it might be easier to do the swap while the motor is out but i dont have all the tools to do that

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
      "2SIIC"
      Authentic Jerseys for sale
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

u got an engine hoist?

Comment

Originally posted by Caution
          u got an engine hoist?
          naw i dont thats why i cant do it that way

"2SIIC"

Comment

dude, just rent an engine hoist. You will need one to do the swap.

For the other Q about the second *box* the ecu doesn't matter auto or standard, the second computer is the TCU controller and won't be on standard cars in the first place. Btw remove the tcu when you do a 5sp swap. Hopin to do mine soon as well.
            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Why would you want to mess with removing the engine? It wasnt that hard with the engine in place imo.
              spin city

Comment

wow.. remove the engine. rent a hoist.. how much u got it for?
                DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                  dude, just rent an engine hoist. You will need one to do the swap.

For the other Q about the second *box* the ecu doesn't matter auto or standard, the second computer is the TCU controller and won't be on standard cars in the first place. Btw remove the tcu when you do a 5sp swap. Hopin to do mine soon as well.

yea ill rent one when i do the h22 swap but for the tranny swap all i need is to floor jacks

hey so your saying we can still use the ecu we have and just take out the TCU next to it

"2SIIC"

Comment

Yes, you can use the automatic ecu. YOu will just makke sure you hook up the wires at the shifter assembly correctly to make the computer think your in neutral or park!

Comment

oh alright i thought that you had to get a MT ecu because if you use the auto ECU it will run like shit

"2SIIC"

Comment

I ran my auto ecu on my 90lude when I did auto to manual swap, no cel ran ok, but let me double check this one in the repair manual! ill get back to ya

Comment

if it dont work and you get a code, it might be a flash 30 and 31, wich i believe are the 2 shift solenoids onthe transmission. But i also believe, if you got the computer wire in for the park or neutral mode, then that should not go about throwing the cel, Ok, but if it does, then you dont have the car in park or neutral!

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord
                            oh alright i thought that you had to get a MT ecu because if you use the auto ECU it will run like shit
                            There is no such thing as an auto ecu or a standard ecu. The ecu's only differ when there is a different car/engine model in play. That is why there is a separate tcu. The tcu has nothing to do with fuel maps, only when your transmission decides to shift. Hence with you shifting a standard you don't need a computer to decide when to shift. make sense now? Any if you guys are looking for performance, look into a chipped ecu setup. MRX is another member on this board and if you look in the regular section on technichal performance he has stickies on chipping, and he also sells chipped ecus. Which should also work with manual or auto (I'm auto and I have one I can run that was used in a manual before I got it.)
                            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

well the only reason i thought that we needed another ecu was because its on the 5 speed swap list and i was just following the instructions so i guess i was wrong but theanks for pointing that out man

"2SIIC"

Comment

AT and MT ECUs did in fact differ, not sure of the effects of the differences but one i know is that the AT ecu will keep the radiator fans running up to 15 minutes after the car is off, an MT wont. converting an AT ECU to MT is as easy as pulling out a couple transistors, but for details youll have to look it up. either ECU will work with either tranny, but of course for an AT youll need the TCU as well.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                                Current cars:
                                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                                X