Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Auto to 5 speed swap wiring questions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the only stupid question would be to not ask at all and make a mistake. if your talking about the manual tranny bracket, yes number 7 is it. i think its a bad illustration but thats it. depending on what your doing though, it would be easier to either redrill your existing auto mount and use the 4th gen accord manual mount, or use a 4th gen lude/5th gen accord mount to mount to your existing auto mount and add spacers to the drivers side to level your enginge. but depends on if your using f series or h series motor and tranny.
    91 Ex CB9
    JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
    p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
    Weight Reductions
    R33 or R34 front end

Comment

I will not be able to use a 4g Lude/5g Accord mount because I will be using a transmission from a LX. Therefore, I have to remove he auto bracket and weld on the manual bracket. It is no big deal because I have access to a welder. Thanks Flight50...

Comment

Originally posted by 90EX
        I will not be able to use a 4g Lude/5g Accord mount because I will be using a transmission from a LX. Therefore, I have to remove he auto bracket and weld on the manual bracket. It is no big deal because I have access to a welder. Thanks Flight50...
        its hard to find the bracket on majestic because its listed under chassis parts or something... the honda part number for the manual engine bay bracket for the tranny is 60831-SM4-300ZZ, its like $26. its one of those parts thats special order from honda no matter what dealership you go to to get it, so order it in advance.

you might as well pick up #7 in that picture. you can reuse the rubber part of your automatic mount, theres two nuts on the bottom, you can bolt it to #7 and itll fit a 5spd tranny.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

If I get the H22 and tranny deal, what else do I need to swap fromauto to 5spd?

Comment

Originally posted by AZN_Pride
            If I get the H22 and tranny deal, what else do I need to swap fromauto to 5spd?
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=8873

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

thanks

Its been awhile since ive posted on here but id like to say thanks to cp mike and everyone else on here who has helped in this section, my h22 and 5speed swap have been up and running for about 3 months and i love it, ive had no problems whatsoever, car started right up and drove first try, again thanks a bunch.
              H22-T FTW!!!

Comment

i feel you man. i have used this site alot to get my swap done, unforunately, mine didn't go as smooth as yours. i still have bugs to work out.
                91 Ex CB9
                JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
                p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                Weight Reductions
                R33 or R34 front end

Comment

Originally posted by raceaccordingly
                  easiest way would to just put the big auto shift selector that was under the auto shifter to Park and tuck it behind the radio console area and be done with it. this bypasses the clutch switch so you can start the car w/o stepping on the clutch

For reverse lights, extend the yellow and green/black wires from auto shifter selector (i cant remember if it was I and J or G and H) to the wires on the reverse light switch on the tranny.

If you want to wire in a clutch switch run them to pins L and M.
                  i was gonna post this. i guess this guy beat me to it

Comment

way ta bring up a dead thread bro lol

Comment

its not that old. about a month since the post before his. and its a sticky. Most likely its going to be brought up ever so often.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I just recently finished my auto to manual swap too, everything works great. just a word of advice if it hasnt already been covered... if you want to do the swap right, you need to get the new transmission mount bracket that goes on the car, the easiest way i found to set it all up is to first drill the spot welds out of the old one, chisel the bracket off the car, clean everything up, then get the engine on the front, rear and drivers mounts, set the new bracket in and mock it up with the trans mount so you know its in the exact right spot.... you dont wanna weld it and it be in the wrong spot, lol
                        to me, that was the hardest part about the whole swap, the wiring was easy.. oh and cruise control, if you want it done right, you have to wire that pink wire to the switch and then to ground, but if you dont care, just wire pink directly to ground and your good to go.

Comment

actually you may have done it the hard way. depends on if your doing the auto to manual with a f or h series tranny. either way this was all discussed in an older thread. if h series like many of us have, no drilling or need for the 4th gen tranny mount. use a 5th gen accord or 4th gen lude mount in conjunction with washers on the drivers side to level out motor. worked perfectly. i've had no problems. the hardest part of the swap should be lining up the tranny itself. even the pedals weren't that bad.
                          91 Ex CB9

W.I.P.
                          p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                          Weight Reductions
                          R33 or R34 front end

Comment

auto to manual, it wont start!

ok i have used this forum for about 2 weeks now getting my car running and working, i have a del sol..hints del sol charlie, a 93 Si with a D16z6 vtec, although this is about H22s it is all the same wiring, ok i cant get my car to start, i have tried everything, the two thick black wires, soldered them, car turns over, the black and green and white, think my car is in park, i can take my key out, and then my reverse lights, my auto had a shift lock soleniod that went to the top of the tranny, a two prong connector just like the female connector on the manual tranny for reverse lights..i dont know what im doing wrong but it is turning over, but NO spark, distruibtor, wires, plugs, everything is fine,

Comment

Is it sending fuel?

Also, be sure that your dizzy is good. Dirty contacts can cause the symptoms you described.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

yes i can def smell the gas trying to crank it up, its just no spark

Comment

Working...
                                X