Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new, improved honda/acura MTF fluid

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im using it now. feels a little better when I put it in first while moving than with 10w-30, not much difference though.
    spin city

Comment

hmmm...wonderin if i should use this stuff of syncromesh like last time...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

I put in the new stuff on Sunday. Did my first cold start this morning, it was about 60 degrees, and shifting was noticably smoother while the engine/trans was cold than with the old MTF I had in there, which was also Honda Genuine with about 5000 miles on it.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

just bought some today guys it was $7.21 a quart here in CA

hey buy any chance do you guys know how many quarts fill up the manual tranny??
          cause im barley gonna do the swap next week and i bought 6 quarts of the MTF and i dont know how much is it to fill it up

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
          "2SIIC"
          Authentic Jerseys for sale
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

i used 2 quarts maybe a lil more to top it off

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq

Comment

hey and where did you poor it fron i was told to poor it from?? i was told to poor it through the speed sensor?? and how do you check it??

"2SIIC"

Comment

take off the fill bolt, and fill in there with a hose until it starts to overflow...thats when i stop

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq

Comment

the fill bolt is right next to the speed sensor right or am i wrong if im wrong then ill look at it when i get home from work

"2SIIC"

Comment

I'm doing clutch and flywheel swap today. I was told that '91 Accords used 10w-30 engine oil for tranny fluid, so I went and picked up some Valvoline Max Life Synthetic 10w-30 engine oil. Engine and tranny have 300,000 on them. I'll see how it feels and let U guys know!!! Is this new MTF proven to be better than engine oil? If so, I think I'll try it!!!

Comment

sorry this is a dumb question but can you use this fluid to replace clutch fluid?because I thought you could only use dot32 or something like that
                      Socal Alliance Represent

Go Cry

Comment

Originally posted by dwnhillCB791
                        sorry this is a dumb question but can you use this fluid to replace clutch fluid?because I thought you could only use dot32 or something like that
                        no. toatally seperate.

brake fluid goes in the clutch reservior.

the manual transmission fluid goes inside the actual transmission itself. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by Dionysis24BXT
                          I'm doing clutch and flywheel swap today. I was told that '91 Accords used 10w-30 engine oil for tranny fluid, so I went and picked up some Valvoline Max Life Synthetic 10w-30 engine oil. Engine and tranny have 300,000 on them. I'll see how it feels and let U guys know!!! Is this new MTF proven to be better than engine oil? If so, I think I'll try it!!!
                          Engine oil is different in 1990 than it is today, lot more additives and such. That is why there is such a thing as MTF. The new Honda MTF is good shit, I have been driving around with it for about 1 week.
                          Gary A.K.A. Carter
                          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                            Engine oil is different in 1990 than it is today, lot more additives and such. That is why there is such a thing as MTF. The new Honda MTF is good shit, I have been driving around with it for about 1 week.

well thats good to hear cause i bought alot of it this week

"2SIIC"

Comment

I went to my local honda dealer yesturday to buy 3 quarts of this stuff and the parts guy looked up the part number and didn't exist in the computer, he even checked the number the last 4 digits in this book and didn't find the exact number. Perhaps this must be american made and can only be bought in the states or online?

Later, and just FYI

Comment

thats weird cause i have some and the dealer even said that yea we just got this stuff in you should try some other dealer or online

"2SIIC"

Comment

Working...
                                X